You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Horses for Cheltenham

Comments

• Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited March 2012
    Cheers vaigret for your thoughts,run up to cheltenham is for me like a kid before christmas!! So many great horses all with great form and chances and all trying...and then maybe the horse you thought was sher gar turns out to be mr ed !! Just seen 1 of my horses to follow Tenor Nivernais is declared/has entry for the Coral Cup and having backed Idole first?(i think right name?)the other year when it won at 33's..Was Something of venetia williams! Tenor Nivernais is the right type of horse for her to aim at the coral cup.Already backed it at 33/1 nrnb and will back again on the day if it races on the day.

P.S Bell poker
    If i was the owner of Medermit and just on the off chance thought i could/would be competetive this year in the gold cup ....then i would have shoot for the glory whether my horse was found out or not.

P.P.S It would not let me submit the word Sher gar!! as being offensive !!!!! foo k my life!
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,330
    edited March 2012
    Offensive, there was nothing offensive about that horse LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Balgarry looks good for either Coral or Martin Pipe.

David Pipe reckons he will come on a lot from what he did today
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited March 2012
    id say he'll be the absoulute lump on one come the day for his dads race should he go there, and he might even win it! judging by today he'd have to be on anyones shortlist
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2012
    Alright folks.

Flicking thru the Cheltenham stuff and I found this market.

Looks like fun, as it will go on for the whole festival and come down to the final race no matter what happens.....

Longest SP winner...

Under 25/1 - 6/4

25/1 - 33/1 inclusive -11/10 ????

Over 33/1 - 4/1

What you guys think of that? Bound to be a winner above 33/1 int there?
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham:
    Alright folks. Flicking thru the Cheltenham stuff and I found this market. Looks like fun, as it will go on for the whole festival and come down to the final race no matter what happens..... Longest SP winner... Under 25/1 - 6/4 25/1 - 33/1 inclusive -11/10 ???? Over 33/1 - 4/1 What you guys think of that? Bound to be a winner above 33/1 int there?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You'd expect there to be a winner over 33/1 and it would have paid last year but you would have been left sweating, the 3rd last race of the meeting the foxhunter steeple chase had a 33/1 in Zemsky but the only winner of the whole meeting over 33/1 was the very last race of the meeting the grand annual chase  Oiseau de Nuit won at 40/1.

Other than the 2 above there were two 25/1 winner the rest were shorter.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    As shuv says there was last year and luckily I got it, good old bird of the night. 

4-1 certainly looks value and most of the horses are running to win at Cheltenham and with so many runners there might be one or two who get past the shrewdies.

I had backed Darlan and Sous le cieux in the first race of the festival but in todays paper Willie Mullins suggests Soux Le cieux going for the Neptune and he appears very strong on Midnight Game. Now 9-1

Father V
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Doh this might be useful.

As you can see quite a lot of winners over 33-1 in the last twelve years

http://uk-betting-tips.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-25722.html

and as you are such a good tipster Doh I have had a few quid on

Especially as I havent backed any outsiders and that bet might pay for all my losers.

Father V
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2012
    Doh this might be useful. As you can see quite a lot of winners over 33-1 in the last twelve years http://uk-betting-tips.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-25722.html and as you are such a good tipster Doh I have had a few quid on Especially as I havent backed any outsiders and that bet might pay for all my losers. Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    Heyyyy, can I have that as this weeks nap? ;)

You know I'm zero/21 right????

I'm ofc very much a recreational punter and clueless when it comes to Horse Racing, so it looks like a great bet for me, I have multiple donkeys in every race this time.

Gonna have a go :) tyty. glgl
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited March 2012
    I HAVE £500 ON HURRICANE FLY AT EVENS, I JUST CANT SEE THIS MACHINE BEING BEAT, EVEN A BINOCUALR AT ITS BEST WILL GET NO WHERE NEAR IT FOR ME!!!! I WOULDNT ADVISE SQUANDERING A POKER BANKROLL ON IT BUT IN THIS CASE I WILL MAKE AN EXCEPTION!!! GET ON!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Alright folks. Flicking thru the Cheltenham stuff and I found this market. Looks like fun, as it will go on for the whole festival and come down to the final race no matter what happens..... Longest SP winner... Under 25/1 - 6/4 25/1 - 33/1 inclusive -11/10 ???? Over 33/1 - 4/1 What you guys think of that? Bound to be a winner above 33/1 int there?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hi, can you please tell me what site this is on cos anywhere ive checked around and largest i was getting was 15/8 for this outcome, i will defo be having a play at 4's if i can get it! cheers
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    i was planning sticking the fly, scotsirish and lady Q in a 4pts treble, pays over 7/1, but with the possibility of Unaccompanied lining up and taking on the latter in the Mares hurdle, i might be looking to her to cause an upset of sorts, much speedier type, top speed rating of 150 which is higher than those posted by Zarkander and Binocular who line up in the champion hurdle of course. Best price 11/2
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited March 2012
    I have numerous trebles already on for Cheltenham, if all the 'good things' win, the bookies are in for a hiding. But it will only take a couple to lose for the bookies satchels to be bulging. One decent priced horse I've backed in a single is Menorah, I'm on at 14's. If it stops clouting the last, it has every chance of storming up the hill. Sprinter Sacre is the one 'good thing' I'm strongly against. 

Best handicapped hurdler is Ted spread. Cruised to victory last time, cos it was held up and brought through after the last, hcp mark given is very generous at 132. Tried giving triumph hurdle fav' nearly a stone previous time out on a speedy track (Taunton). Back it for the Imperial Cup on Sat, and have a dabble on winning it, and the County Hurdle, bookies offering the double as a special. 

• Options
    edited March 2012
    As you know I faqncy Balgarry for whichever race he runs in at cheltenham. Tomorrow the horse he got first run on Nampour runs in 3.15 at Sandown. Will it win , well I dont know but if it does Balgarry will be even more of a good thing.

Father V
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    As you know I faqncy Balgarry for whichever race he runs in at cheltenham. Tomorrow the horse he got first run on Nampour runs in 3.15 at Sandown. Will it win , well I dont know but if it does Balgarry will be even more of a good thing. Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    Your burning the midnight oil Father!!!! In Glasgow for the SPT, hope they sell the racing post up here, though I'm certain my nap will be Teds Spread
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hello all i got myself a timeform book for cheltenham as i find this very usefull in finding winners i made a nice profit last year on reading this book so each day i shall be giving u the horses i think will win i have had a look at day 1 of the festivla so here it goes :) SUPREME NOVICES HURDLE: The irish have a great record in this race with a strike rate of 6 winners of the last 10 years horses that have won last time out have a good record aswell so theres 2 horses in this race i shall be backing which are STEPS TO FREEDOM  + MIDNIGHT GAME  win each and reverse f/c                                                                                                                                                                          right now we move on to the 2nd race ARKLE TROPHY: Horses rated 142 + have a excellent record in this race winning 11 out of the last 12 years of this race   5 year olds have a poor record in this race with this in mind i make this a 2 horse race horse i shall be backing are SPRINTRE SACRE  + PEDDLERS CROSS  who has a great record at cheltenham so at the prices i be on peddlers cross and a reverse f/c                                                                                                                                                                                           CHAMPION HURDLE: Irish have a great record in this race winning it 5 times in the last 9 years avoid horses aged 8 years old or older selections well this is my NAP for day 1 is HURRICANE FLYER beaten once in his last 11 starts when needing his seasonal reappearance he travels on the bridle like you wouldnt believe quickens immediately at the meriestflick of the wrists pings his hurdles so good luck if you want to take him on  win single    
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Mr Donk, u need to think again on the Arkle. Peddlers Cross being a non runner since Wednesday. It's going for the Jewson

• Options
    Big_BucksBig_Bucks Member Posts: 205
    edited March 2012
    Heres the hidden secret that many people have been trying to figure out for years. How to end cheltenham in profit

BACK BIG BUCKS!!!!!!

Oscar who????? Oscar who?????

1st Big Bucks 8/15fav
    2nd So Young 14/1
    3rd Thousand Stars 16/1
    10 lengths back to Oscar 'drank to much' whisky 9/2  in 4th
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I have numerous trebles already on for Cheltenham, if all the 'good things' win, the bookies are in for a hiding. But it will only take a couple to lose for the bookies satchels to be bulging. One decent priced horse I've backed in a single is Menorah, I'm on at 14's. If it stops clouting the last, it has every chance of storming up the hill. Sprinter Sacre is the one 'good thing' I'm strongly against. 

Best handicapped hurdler is Ted spread. Cruised to victory last time, cos it was held up and brought through after the last, hcp mark given is very generous at 132. Tried giving triumph hurdle fav' nearly a stone previous time out on a speedy track (Taunton). Back it for the Imperial Cup on Sat, and have a dabble on winning it, and the County Hurdle, bookies offering the double as a special. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Tried having £200  on the double at 20/1 with Mr Power, but they would only lay 129.52 of it??? Come on Paddy I thought u liked laying bets!!! 
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    joesman -Good luck with Ted Spread (I dont mean it as you up against my nap Nampour LOL)

Hope you have a great day at the SPT.

Idonkcallu , good luck with Cheltenham and I hjave respect for Timeform but you didnt really need that book to give you those last two. Both odds on chances. What does your book say about the other races that day, now that would be nice info to have.

Big bucks dont disagree with you re Big bucks and wont be backing against it, however the collection wont stretch to backing such big odds on shots

Father V  
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    OK so Nampour only came second today but franked Balgarry's chance next week