You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Horses for Cheltenham

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited March 2012
    Just read about Party Politics winning the Grand National 5 days before 1992 General Election.

Will lightning strike twice with White Star Line winning the Pulteney a day after the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.

Father V
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited March 2012
    without being pedantic (spelling) it was april 15th she sank, what with me being a keen Titanic enthusiast and all, but yeah, was thinking the exact same thing!!!! ackertac in the same race is one of my naps of the week, gone through the trends with fine tooth comb and he meets the lot, enough to sway me off my Favourite trainers Bless the wings, but yeah White star line winning in the year of the 100th anniversary, headlines already written for that one!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ***TUESDAYS SELECTIONS***

1.30PM Montbazon  10/1  2pts win
    2.40PM Fruity O' Rooney  25/1  1pt e/w
    3.20pm Rock On Ruby  12/1  1pt e/w     
    5.15pm Ackertac 12/1 2pts e/w
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited March 2012
    I think the Irish are going to draw first blood! 13th March.

My selection on the 1.30 Chelteham is  " Steps To Freedom"6/1

(Has beaten both Prospect Wells and Montbazon, giving them both weight,I see no reason why anything should change).

Cheltenham is very competitive and I usually dutch my bets.
    In this race I have also done Sous Les Cieux  89/1 e/w
                                                   Hinterland 94/1 e/w
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham:
    I think the Irish are going to draw first blood! 13th March. My selection on the 1.30 Chelteham is  " Steps To Freedom"6/1 (Has beaten both Prospect Wells and Montbazon, giving them both weight,I see no reason why anything should change). Cheltenham is very competitive and I usually edge my bets. In this race I have also done Sous Les Cieux  89/1 e/w                                                Hinterland 94/1 e/w
    Posted by wynne1938
    no reason why anything should change? aye 'cos being novices theyre absolutely null and void to any improvement cough cough cough. to be fair to your prediction STF would have to go close, i see it being in top 5,  but 123 days since last run is a huge obstacle to overcome, though has shown handles course at least. beat montbazon in a bumper not over timber. montbazon has improved ten fold

your other two are most definately non runners

good luck with your selection
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited March 2012
    Sorry all got my dates wrong thought it was March 12th 1912. Silly boy

oh well still close enough LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I think the Irish are going to draw first blood! 13th March. My selection on the 1.30 Chelteham is  " Steps To Freedom"6/1 (Has beaten both Prospect Wells and Montbazon, giving them both weight,I see no reason why anything should change). Cheltenham is very competitive and I usually edge my bets. In this race I have also done Sous Les Cieux  89/1 e/w                                                Hinterland 94/1 e/w
    Posted by wynne1938
    Hinterland and Sous Les Cieux are both non runners , so I have added

Galileos Choice at 8/1
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Tuesday March 13th

2.05 Cheltenham.

I am going to oppose Sprinter Sacre, as Al Ferof beat him at cheltenham last year!

Alferof 7/2

and a little saver on  Menorah at 11.5 /1 ,if he stands he will be in the shake up!

• Options
    edited March 2012

Tuesday 13th march

2.40 Cheltenham  Zarafakt 17.5/1 e/w
                                 Nolan 29/1 e/w
                                 Hold on Julio 6.8/1   Win

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Tuesday 13th March

3.20  Cheltenham  Hurricane Fly  4/5

Won the champion Hurdle last year, so is the champion!
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited March 2012
    Night before the Arkle, can't believe Menorah is still 11/1 with Stan James. Gonna have to back it a FOURTH time. (prob have more egg on my face tomorrow). This horse is rated 9 lbs + better than all its rivals over hurdles. 13 lbs superior to the fav'. Its jumping isn't as bad as people make out. Hoping Cue Card makes it a real speed test, then watch Menorah storm up the hill. 
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited March 2012
    Night before the Arkle, can't believe Menorah is still 11/1 with Stan James. Gonna have to back it a FOURTH time. (prob have more egg on my face tomorrow). This horse is rated 9 lbs + better than all its rivals over hurdles. 13 lbs superior to the fav'. Its jumping isn't as bad as people make out. Hoping Cue Card makes it a real speed test, then watch Menorah storm up the hill. 
    Posted by joesman1[/QUOTE

*update* price went at 8.26pm, back to 10/1, but as I'd already deposited funds in my Stan James account still backed it again. 
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham :
    Night before the Arkle, can't believe Menorah is still 11/1 with Stan James. Gonna have to back it a FOURTH time. (prob have more egg on my face tomorrow). This horse is rated 9 lbs + better than all its rivals over hurdles. 13 lbs superior to the fav'. Its jumping isn't as bad as people make out. Hoping Cue Card makes it a real speed test, then watch Menorah storm up the hill.  Posted by joesman1[/QUOTE *update* price went at 8.26pm, back to 10/1, but as I'd already deposited funds in my Stan James account still backed it again. 
    Posted by joesman1
    im putting him in my placer as well as having speculative 1 pt win on him just down to hes the only value left in race, course form and highest hurdles rating, captain chris went under radar last year and look what happened. favs hav stinking record also. heres hoping al ferof can follow him home and get a decent pot up for placepot which, even with the fly and lady q winning on card could pay a generous return if sprinter fails to place
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Dutching my bets in this one!

Tuesday 13th March

4.00 Cheltenham     Scotsirish 3.6/1
                                    Uncle Junior 5.6/1
                                    Baltazar King 11/1
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Tuesday March 13th

4.40 Cheltenham   Quevega 1/2

Another banker, won this race last year!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Tuesday March 13th

Last race of the day, many will be betting to recover there losses!

I'm dutching my bets again in this race.

5.15 Cheltenham     That'll Do 17/1
                                    Bless The Wings  7.8/1
                                    Carrick Boy  11.5/1
                                    Saint Are 47/1
                                     Ackertac  14.5/1
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    http://www.oddschecker.com/betting-tools/dutching-calculator.html

Use of the dutching calculator is very helpful and I always use it at these sort of meetings.
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited March 2012
    Just read about Party Politics winning the Grand National 5 days before 1992 General Election. Will lightning strike twice with White Star Line winning the Pulteney a day after the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    I seem to remember on the footy show Saint and Greavesy (itv,pre sky!) had a free Charity bet of £25 on Party Politics winning the National and I think it was Liverpool winning the F.A cup that year.I think the odds were at least 250/1.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Tuesday March 13th 4.40 Cheltenham   Quevega 1/2 Another banker, won this race last year!
    Posted by wynne1938
    last 3 years nevermind
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham : last 3 years nevermind
    Posted by BELL_POKER

MR POPULAR HAS SPOKEN