You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Horses for Cheltenham

Comments

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited March 2012
    has SHE not won it for last 3 years? do you ever put anything constructive up??
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham:
    has SHE not won it for last 3 years? do you ever put anything constructive up??
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    CLOWN
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham : CLOWN
    Posted by andybuck
    havnt seen it mentioned? who trains it and ill have a look. or has it already run?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham : havnt seen it mentioned? who trains it and ill have a look. or has it already run?
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    MR END HAS SPOKEN AGAIN
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    no, checked, must be a non runner andybuck
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    no, checked, must be a non runner andybuck
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    BAGP USS DEAR BAGP USS OLD FAT FURRY CAT P USS COME AND LOOK AT THIS THING THAT I BRING BAGP USS HEAR WHAT I SING
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ***TUESDAYS SELECTIONS*** 1.30PM Montbazon  10/1  2pts win 2.40PM Fruity O' Rooney  25/1  1pt e/w 3.20pm Rock On Ruby  12/1  1pt e/w      5.15pm Ackertac 12/1 2pts e/w
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    all these in a 50p e/w yankee, plus 1pt win Tullymore Dew 2.40pm, and im still flippin against Al ferof and Menorah to take on Sprinter. Might be no bet ive changed me mind too many times on this one! It should really be no bet but once the booze is flowing ill want to shout something on in the arkel!
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham : all these in a 50p e/w yankee, plus 1pt win Tullymore Dew 2.40pm, and im still flippin against Al ferof and Menorah to take on Sprinter. Might be no bet ive changed me mind too many times on this one! It should really be no bet but once the booze is flowing ill want to shout something on in the arkel!
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    lol, this is the big danger for me today too!

Gonna put a 24 hour deposit limit on mi account I think.....

#TroubleAhead
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham : lol, this is the big danger for me today too! Gonna put a 24 hour deposit limit on mi account I think..... #TroubleAhead
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you and me both!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham : lol, this is the big danger for me today too! Gonna put a 24 hour deposit limit on mi account I think..... #TroubleAhead
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    DOHHHHH get the beer ready leave the betting web page on and back plenty,,SIMPLES
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited March 2012
    Thats better people, good humoured banter.

Have a great day all of you

Father V
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    scotsirish available at 4's for the X Country,  1 pt e/w should be a free bet id like to think, has to place?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Horses for Cheltenham:
    Just seen the most impressive display by Sprinter Sacre , beating the course record hard held so 5-4 for the Arkle looks good. Also other horses on my short list so far, i am sure it will get bigger are, Bless the Winds Chapoturgeon Rocky Creek Zarkander bound to be placed in champion Hurdle and could surprise Hurricane Fly  Father Vaigret
    Posted by vaigret
    Told you so , you cant beat class and form
  • Options
    silver8acksilver8ack Member Posts: 1,190
    edited March 2012
    wooo hooo well done       rock on ruby  
    first win of the day :)

• Options
    edited March 2012
    silver8ack

Where are your naps.

No good picking them and then not entering them !!!!!

Confessional for you my son
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    if taking raya star as a guide in regards form, you'll have to have another look at rock on ruby's win over him in the handicap earlier this season, if memory serves he was giving more weight away than Zarkander did, and Rock on ruby W/O the fly @ 9/1 looks a standout bet, couldnt envisage rock on ruby finishing outside top 4, relishes the hill. i noted on todays racing thread that Zarkander could be a handicap snip but did not want to play given the price and Nicholls' record in race. I failed to mention at the time, which I meant to, was that even given this stat, theres always a chance that he never had one as good as Zarkander running in it, and that most definately proved the case. Hats off he looks very smart, the triumph form did already but hes improved again and will improve further for his run in March after today's outing. From my previous posts you may well have hooked onto the fact that I like to try to find alternatives to the favs and get them beat, or at least have some e/w value. In all fairness I had tried to do same with spirit son come march but had fingers burnt antepost. This was further heightened by the fly's build up thorught season, various setbacks ringing the alarm bells of old, but after the irish champ hurdle, theres no getting away from the fasct that once the fly turns up in March he wins. So the w/o market (you could have had Zark in that @ 4's before today) looks the best option if not ready to plough into the defending champion.
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Well done

Pity Zarkander not as fit as he should have been. Takes nothing away from a superb run by Rock on Ruby. Lovely to Overturn do well as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Two more to add to Cheltenham Baby Mix, Triumph all others have had their bubbles burst . Tom George might have one two because West Brit also useful    Hunt Ball, he will be at bottom of handicap and is improving all the time. Handicapper wont catch up with him yet Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    Ok he ended up top of the handicap but didnt matter.

Lovely winner , lovely story and  more lovely money coming my way

Father V
  • Options
    silver8acksilver8ack Member Posts: 1,190
    edited March 2012
    silver8ack Where are your naps. No good picking them and then not entering them !!!!! Confessional for you my son
    Posted by vaigret

dear father i am so sorry and promise to say 100 hail rock on ruby,s

but will put my naps up for tomorrow,s races 

just for info though £6 up on today :)
    gl all

• Options
    moonooomoonooo Member Posts: 554
    edited March 2012
    Had a rancid day today, with Ruby Walsh sleeping on Hurricane Fly & Scotsirish & Garde Champetre being put down in the xc chase..Still the day ended on a high with Quevega & Huntball, two great storys.
  • Options
    tonzertonzer Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    ***TUESDAYS SELECTIONS*** 1.30PM Montbazon  10/1  2pts win 2.40PM Fruity O' Rooney  25/1  1pt e/w 3.20pm Rock On Ruby  12/1  1pt e/w      5.15pm Ackertac 12/1 2pts e/w
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    First time poster in peace.

I would like to say I think you have come in for a bit of uneccessary stick earlier on a different message topic, some like Father Viscount you have a good rapport with, others singing children's programme themes not so much, and on that front you are as bad as each other at times, although being a viewer only I am sure it is only banter.

However, after viewing your scribblings over the last while, and albeit some fancies that never come to fruition, I see you have so much conviction in your picks and back them up with good analysis.

Now your Akertac pick ran abysmally, but I respect your analysis of breaking down the trends, something I cannot possibly find the time to do with my busy schedule, and I'll let that one slide by as I backed it on your prediction.

So I will therefore add you have made me a very happy man as I saw something like a rough diamond in your confidence behind Rock On Ruby, original post as has been recently posted by Father Viscount, the assessment of a form line which would see a less fancied animal turn tables on its superiors.

In conclusion, my friends and I, who have the odd chuckle at you and your adversaries' antics on this forum from time to time, thought we would copy your four selections for the day, as they are not a 'standalone' prediction, but are backed up with understanding and reasoning, whatever the result. 

And it was to our great joy that not only your Frooney O' Ronney managed to win my friends and I a handsome amount on place returns, and may I add very unlucky not to seal victory, but a superb tip of Rock On Ruby led us all to raise a glass in toast to Sir Bell of Poker for a wonderful financial result for us all, relegating the 'unbeatable' Hurricane Flight and for making a work associates day out such an enjoyable one. 

Keep up the top class tipping and don't let other Imbeciles provoking you let them take you down to their level, as this is what happens, and your better than that, but you end up looking in the same or worse light than them after you bite back!

Stay focused and keep to the fine chap that you really are and I shall be tuning in tomorrow to see what you have in store then. 

I thought it would be worthwhile to say thank you and show my appreciation

Kind regards, Mr T Z