You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Horses for Cheltenham

Comments

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited February 2012
    fingal bay and fists of fury both miss the festival
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    maljimar didnt quite get home in cross country a year ago but not beaten all that far in truth, carrying 10-5 only??? appreciate he's 12 yo but even still.......... backstage catches the eye for shrewdie Gordon elliot in same race
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham:
    thanks Bell Poker found them Love the weight given to Hold On Julio Not a great lover of Alan King but he looks like he has a strong hand of well weighted horses. Could be worth a bet as top trainer Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    Had Hold on julio when the horse won a few saturdays ago, and it looks a very well handicapped horse for whatever race it goes for at cheltenham.As for alan king ,his horses seem to be coming into form at just the right time for cheltenham.If you disregard his last cheltenham i think for a relatively new trainer he bats well above average at cheltenham and will be looking at his runners carefully at the festival.

P.S Will also be looking at alot of Venetia Williams' horses at the festival as they are flying at min and always, for me seem to rate as great value at cheltenham.

P.P.S   CANNOT WAIT, HAVE JUST HAD CONFIRMED THAT I CAN BOOK THE WEEK OFF WORK AND I CAN COLLECT £200 FOR PASSING GO! BRING IT ON !! 
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham : Had Hold on julio when the horse won a few saturdays ago, and it looks a very well handicapped horse for whatever race it goes for at cheltenham.As for alan king ,his horses seem to be coming into form at just the right time for cheltenham.If you disregard his last cheltenham i think for a relatively new trainer he bats well above average at cheltenham and will be looking at his runners carefully at the festival. P.S Will also be looking at alot of Venetia Williams' horses at the festival as they are flying at min and always, for me seem to rate as great value at cheltenham. P.P.S   CANNOT WAIT, HAVE JUST HAD CONFIRMED THAT I CAN BOOK THE WEEK OFF WORK AND I CAN COLLECT £200 FOR PASSING GO! BRING IT ON !! 
    Posted by Any2Suited
    good news about work, always a relief when the confrimation comes through. ill be following kings horses off a cliff. small money perms which i wont miss the stakes from then the majority in singles each race. if they do all win then the singles wins will not matter in comparison to large lifts from the perms, though these are only done so no head shaking done afterwards about why a 7 or 8 timer (even i cant fathom him winning as much!!!) accum was not bet on!!

like williams' renard for byrne plate, im going to go through fine tooth comb but im already thinking fits numerous stats and trends, nice fat 25/1 on offer , good luck with your week
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    notus de la tour interesting too, though has multiple entries, NDLT and Renard for me early doors for byrne palte , 20's and 25's available respectively
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    had to roll a long way down page to see my fancy (other than kings ultra consistent Raya Star) in the county hurdle, currently no 64, and recent winner of a good trial in the boylesports.com hurdle in ireland, CITIZENSHIP. the bookies have taken no chances should harringtons charge line up, if yes will surely go off fav
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    have really liked the look of astaracad in the grand annual antepost, remains as fav, but wha wha whee as borat would say, ferdy's de boitron would surely have a big shout if lining up and billy hills still go a tasty 16's - cher - ching
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited March 2012
    MR END you need to get out more,,you no theres more to life DAN DIS,,better be carefull you might report me again you big BABY ,,

OH and by the way MR END i always new voler was a mare been backing her SINCE HER 2ND RUN EVER {MR END}
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    yawn

i see kauto is now 50/50 for gold cup breaking last 30 mins or so will surely be the most high profile absantee this year if true
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited March 2012
    I'll try again, backed King at 14's as everybody thinks he is going to have a good cheltenham, missed the 20's and missed the good prices re Midnight chase but if Kauto doent run he must be worrth at least a place.

As to the National King fancies West End Rocker more than hold on julio and I already have Burton Port and Junior, backed him long time ago. 

Back to Cheltenham and I fancy double dizzy strongly, he would have won last time but for being carried out. 

Any 2 have a great week

Father V
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ridiculous odds 14's far more value picking them in perms, 5 here and 4 there im all over it! 14's is insulting he'll be 8's come the tuesday an all to make it worse and the montbzon hold on julio bless the wings treble com e th etuesday pure cleans that outta the water already!!!

king 3 mullins 3 after day 1 :)  

medermit getting shorter by the minute for gold cup anyone on at 80's fairly forseen that craziness he's 33's best price but as short at 20's he'll go off @ 10's or shorter if lining up on the day, disgusted ive missed not only the 33's on burton port but again the 10's, now as low as 6/1, diamond harry @ 40's and magnanimity for one of racings all time upsets im set  :)    pure pocket talk on the latter of course!   

for those interested (and i know theres a few, theres others more fixated on the ends of mens p3nises ranting about bell ends, seriously each to your own andybuck and i applaud you and your husbands civil partnership and from a complete stand off point of view and no knowledge of the love of such bodily parts, can tolerate your clear love of bell ends apparently given your numerous bell end posts but please honestly this a cheltenham site could you please keep your hom0 erotic opinions away from the site thanks) the alan king festival tour is now up on sporting life.

p.s. and if i got your apparent hom0 sexual orientation wrong andybuck, which is probably true and i applaud your openess, different strokes for different folks after all, and your apparent **** for the tip of make genetalia has been understood and its a mere mockery of my name bell, and asking if my alias should be end instead of poker and its a marvellous joke on your part then i salute you, peter kay himself is sh1 tting himself as that is quality aquality quality  qaulity comedy riight there!!! the old woman , mrs buck, who loves a good old buck, enjoys a good hard buck, will be proud!! i salute you for your marvellous work! remember though, as you have previous education faults about the subject at hand i.e horses and need to make up for this lack of education with childish name calling, voler la vadette is a mare and does not have a bell end, for she is a she not a he , but nice of you to contribute anyway you lego eater, spit out the blocks theres a good girl, sorry boy (or maker that silly , should no better , in bred old fool) 

tell mrs buck if im not round in 10 minutes to start witohut me, im sure youve heard (or shes heard) that before ahahahahahha

case closed , ah thank you   <: )
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    medermit 66 on the machine at time of post but the nrnb brigade for race bet365 365 go 20's and lad 25's respectively
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    more king 'propaganda' but if you were from the train of thought he would send batonnier the coral cup route rather than the neptune, off a mark of 138, then surely to goodness batonnier would go off 4/1 fav come the day eh? 26 on the machine but as short as 12/1 in places (general 16/1 shot)
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited March 2012
    a horse i highlited that i would be backing next time out is down for 2 races at cheltenham .DUL AR AN OL,thought it won with a few pound in hand last time after getting baulked and eased at finish,,down to run in county hurdle and the pipe conditionals race,,25 s  and 20s ,,not backing it yet as some bookies will go extra p[laces on the day
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bell ,

You say King to get most winners at Cheltenham is a ridiculous price and it is better to just back his horses in perms etc suggesting you wouldnt back King at 14-1. Then you go on to say 8-1 will be a good price after the first day. So 14-1 is a good price then and of course with that bet you dont have to pick the correct individual winners.

Anyway Im on and happy.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bell , You say King to get most winners at Cheltenham is a ridiculous price and it is better to just back his horses in perms etc suggesting you wouldnt back King at 14-1. Then you go on to say 8-1 will be a good price after the first day. So 14-1 is a good price then and of course with that bet you dont have to pick the correct individual winners. Anyway Im on and happy.
    Posted by vaigret
    slight misinterpretation with wires crossed, 14/1 considering he was more than twice that - no value for me now, even LESS value come the day if he were to drop to 8/1, the way the moneys coming in id expect the price to be cut ragain running up to the tuesday

values gone and will continue to drop, and for that reason your as well getting on now i agree, but i couldnt back him myself  at 14's consdiering as ive said earlier id imagine hed need 5 to win (maybe 4 with places etc putting him to the top) as throughout the card youd expect mullins (expect obviously being the word as nothings gauranteed) to get at least 3 on the first day alone.

im a big king fan so i wish you every success on your bet, just value wise id rather use small stakes for a change of life changing money, in multiple perms.

so its just a differnece of opinion that i dont believe 14's to be value any longer, and you do so im fine with that fair play til ya
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ill also point out i clearly said 'he'll be 8's come the tuesday an all to make it worse' clearly stating i did NOT think 8/1would be a good price , just to clear that up as my sentances roll into one another when i get a rythym going!!! just to clear that up, cheers
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Righto misunderstanding cleared up. LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Righto misunderstanding cleared up. LOL
    Posted by vaigret
    no problemo   ; )
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    medermit 31 on the machine for gold cup, bookies go best price 33's across board , lads and bet365 remain as they were last night, has never tried the trip but we know he gets up the hill very well so is interesting! id like him to go for this with or without kauto, only since a combination of the 2 time champs possible absence and stable tour has the support come. if youve a choice between the ryanair (which in truth loooks hot this year anyway) and gold cup its a no brainer its better to have a go, this year of all years, and say at least we had a go. thats my train of thought at least