You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Horses for Cheltenham

Comments

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham:
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham : Not sure what race you watched but he only jumped the last poorly im my opinion and if he had jumped it better would still have won, considering he had a virus and was running on ground he had never won on before soft /heavy, and was almost certainly going to get good ground at Cheltenham it was worth the investment Ante Post. All the reports in Ireland were saying this horse was the real deal,  he was still improving on the flat, to then send him jumping so soon meant he had to be a seriously good horse, im sure Dessie Hughes knows a decent horse when he see one.
    Posted by tallboy
    hence me saying he'll be ante post fav for next years supremes, i know how keen they are on him back home. and hence me saying he only lost by a neck, or whatever it was, then yeah he would have won.  his last hurdle was like me climbing the stairs after a night out, but i remember at the time there were more, i wouldnt necessarily say 'mistakes' as such, just wasnt convinced with his hurdling at all. sitting watching going, what all the hype, is this it?  he is a good animal, i mean he hosed up in the irish ceasarewitch, but his hurdling was not fluent. its a different game altogether. reports which you mention are just that, reports. its the risk you take before a horse jumps a hurdle in public im afraid. excuses may be valid, health, ground etc but he wouldnt be for me, definately not this year before being withdrawn, and he'd need to show a lot more next campaign for me to keep him onside. but yeah i know theyre keen on him, thats the understatement of the year as hes antepost fav before an actual run!!! so very keen id say!! i get the whole back before a run cos when he hacks up and draws comments like hes the next istrabaq etc etc and go off 2/1 fav so youre getting value but on the other hand it is a risk which can leave egg on faces, id rather see something with my own eyes than go on hearsay, but each to their own, i say a valid point to your reasoning. and im by absolute no means, oh he didnt win rar rar rar, i do watch the races and take positives out of runners where they are there to be taken, whatever their position, but saturdays run from minsk was an anticlimax
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited February 2012
    just backed another ante post one of my horses to follow  VOLLOER VA LADDETTE EW  WITH OUT BIG BUCKS 5TO1 EW  BET TO NOWT wants softer ground ideally but it has a great cruising speed ,jumps superb and i wouldnt be put off by his last defeat as it was run at a snails pace,,,

another horse that i follow and won me hundreds at aintree last year is WON IN THE DARK had a good run last week and will be geared for aintree again ,,has a good record at the track,,,backed it last year and tipped it on here at 18s ew  with out big bucks and grand cru and it finished 3rd,,,same again please
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    just backed another ante post one of my horses to follow  VOLLOER VA LADDETTE EW  WITH OUT BIG BUCKS 5TO1 EW  BET TO NOWT wants softer ground ideally but it has a great cruising speed ,jumps superb and i wouldnt be put off by his last defeat as it was run at a snails pace,,, another horse that i follow and won me hundreds at aintree last year is WON IN THE DARK had a good run last week and will be geared for aintree again ,,has a good record at the track,,,backed it last year and tipped it on here at 18s ew  with out big bucks and grand cru and it finished 3rd,,,same again please
    Posted by andybuck

voler la vadette is a mare, therefore a SHE not a HE    :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    and make sure its NRNB,  as main target last i heard is still mares race, given that she is of course a mare, and second in the market to boot
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    never said it was a he ,,,trainer states its going for world hurdle and yes nr no bet ,but thanks anyway
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    you said you wouldnt be put off by HIS latest defeat, shes a mare
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    you said i called her he i didnt i said his to correct you
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    you said i called her he i didnt i said his to correct you
    Posted by andybuck

and to correct you i said VOler is a SHE not a HE, didnt say you said she was a he , i said you referred to her a being a male by saying his, which you did. its all there. black and white. il give you one thing though, hands up when im wrong, which clearly pains alot on this board judging by thgeir blinkered repsonse to mistakes beiing pointed out to them,  colm murphy has stated world hurdle the route theyre taking so hands up on that one, you wouldnt have been aware voler  would have entry for mares race as you clearly thought she was a male so was just to correct you. if you now want to tell me you did not refer to a mare as a male earlier in this thread by saying' his last race' when referring to VOler la vedette, i will organise through sky a good will gesture of buying you an all inclusive trip to dubai racing carnival next year and the next 3 cheltenham and aintree festivals. so quids in for you youre gonna have a wonderful time. oh no but wait you wont. becasue you thought voler was a male. so dont get stroopy with me sunshinew when a mistake is highlighted, no need to be embarrassed, i was simply giving a factual statement, no need to get stroppy over it hionstly!! lol!!!! cheers
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited February 2012
    Has anybody seen the weights yet, apparently announced today, anybody found them on the net?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    i no voler is a mare it was a typing error MR END ,,have i spelt everything right MR END or is there another 3 page essay coming MR END,,,oh and by the way  MR END did you back my 14s tip i put on here today MR END,,

oh i forgot can i correct you sunshine does not end with a W, and i do not no what STROOPY means,,please dont get embarrased  MR END
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Has anybody seen the weights yet, apparently announced today, anybody found them on the net?
    Posted by vaigret
    racing post big man, in all of their glory. big race entries under cards. like the look of renard in the plate as id said before they were published. really like look now!! :)  
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to MR END:
    i no voler is a mare it was a typing error MR END ,,have i spelt everything right MR END or is there another 3 page essay coming MR END,,,oh and by the way  MR END did you back my 14s tip i put on here today MR END,, oh i forgot can i correct you sunshine does not end with a W, and i do not no what STROOPY means,,please dont get embarrased  MR END
    Posted by andybuck
    if you'd just pretended that it was a typo at the start i'd have let that be that, closest you'll come to admitting you were wrong. she is a mare after all, but you know that now, glad i could educate you, cheers
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    thanks Bell Poker

found them

Love the weight given to Hold On Julio

Not a great lover of Alan King but he looks like he has a strong hand of well weighted horses.

Could be worth a bet as top trainer

Father V
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: MR END:
    In Response to MR END : if you'd just pretended that it was a typo at the start i'd have let that be that, closest you'll come to admitting you were wrong. she is a mare after all, but you know that now, glad i could educate you, cheers
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    ARE YOU SURE YOUR 2ND NAMES POKER
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    On the other hand i dont like win only especially at 20-1.

Father V
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    thanks Bell Poker found them Love the weight given to Hold On Julio Not a great lover of Alan King but he looks like he has a strong hand of well weighted horses. Could be worth a bet as top trainer Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    im sticking a load of his runners in small stakes perm bets, hes 33/1 i think for top trainer, and im thinking if he were to win, you'd expect it would need to be with maybe as much as 5, so if i can include those 5 or so in my perms could be life changing, considering theres nothing under 4 or 5/1 mark across the board last i checked. i know you liked bless the wings in the centenary novice, im on as well, with other ante post fancy havingotascoobydoo injured.

without getting ahead of myself, i really like hold on julios weight not just for the speciality handicap, for which he will be backed by myself given he turns up, but also for the grand national!!!! i wonder how likely it is king could send HOJ there instead???   :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: MR END:
    In Response to Re: MR END : ARE YOU SURE YOUR 2ND NAMES POKER
    Posted by andybuck
    its concerning your second names bu ck, named after the mother's past time hobby were we?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    On the other hand i dont like win only especially at 20-1. Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    good gawd 20's now!!! honestly, if you stick to small stakes on perms with his horses, im talking life changing money could be there at the other end! if your not overly keen on backing them on singles you could let them run that way for the price of a cup of tea and a scone and what will be will be eh???
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to MR END:
    i no voler is a mare it was a typing error MR END ,,have i spelt everything right MR END or is there another 3 page essay coming MR END,,,oh and by the way  MR END did you back my 14s tip i put on here today MR END,, oh i forgot can i correct you sunshine does not end with a W, and i do not no what STROOPY means,,please dont get embarrased  MR END
    Posted by andybuck
    great shout on your tip today by the way, did'nt see it until you mentioned as hav'nt been on that thread but very well done, again, how this has got to do with you having no knowledge on what sex a horse is is hardly relvant. you know shes a mare now anyway and has an entry in the mares race. but yes the target is the world hurdle as you so correctly pointed out. so one out of 2 aint all bad, well done
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    anything else take your fancy in the wieghts Vaigret? just home from work gonna hav a good look now been waiting all day!! theres always a nice juicey winner or 2 to be had, and the real homework of handicaps can finally begin