You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    pompeynic said:

Hi @68Trebor ,
    Out of interest, what did you think of Shrewsbury? I know it is a pre season friendly, but they are our opening day opponents. I had them to go down last season, kept me interested pretty much all season.

They didn't threaten much apart from the first 5 mins and last 5 mins of the 1st half. To be fair though our midfield was far too strong for them and there front line didn't have much to feed off. There back line, however, seemed like big units and handled us pretty well giving us few opportunities and rarely getting carved open. When we did cut them open their keeper performed very well apart from an early flap. Do you think this will be the year you eventually get back to where you belong?
  • Options

Not a bad night, but just felt it could have been so much more.

£6k Marksman LR Semi - 16/66 = £0
    7 at 7- 58/131 = £0
    £1k BH - 5/216 = £44.68
    £1.5k Mini Marksman - 90/376 = £4.69
    £750 BH - 13/86 = £7.50

Also got the 13/2 winner on day 1 of forum comp.

No poker tomorrow as on lates at work.

I tend to only watch box sets on TV and having just finished Killing Eve I am looking for a new one.
    Any recommendations?

Bankroll £224.91
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,649

@68Trebor

You Ok mate? Long time since you posted.

Hope all is well with work, Willow, the Family, & Premier League Villa.
  • Options

68Trebor is back!

So to answer the question which I have no doubt has been keeping you all up at night. About a month ago I found myself getting a bit stale at the poker tables and with our 2 week cruise coming up I decided to take a break from the tables and have a complete recharge of the batteries. Tonight I will be venturing back on to the green felt with all guns blazing and will continue to focus on the £11 and under MTT's.
    We returned from our cruise on Saturday and had a thoroughly wonderful 2 weeks on our jaunt around The Baltic Sea. This was helped by some lovely, if somewhat unexpected weather, and as usual the brilliant service we received on our trip topped off with a plentiful array of food and drink, the weighing scales can vouch for this. I have to say that we could learn so much from Scandinavia and the way they embrace electric cars, public transport with trams and rentable scooters and bikes available everywhere. The highlights for me was St Petersburg, where I could of easily spent a week just visiting all the places of interest. There can't be many places in the world with such architecture and wealth on display. Then I also loved Oslo, Stockholm and Helsinki where the old and the new mixed together effortlessly. Our lass loved Copenhagen but it is very clear why they call it The LITTLE Mermaid. As for Tallin, the old town was a real step back in time and a wonderful place to take a beer and watch the world go by. Warnemunde was a real little gem and a wonderful traditional seaside town. The only real disappointment was Gothenburg which didn't have a lot going for it apart from a trip around The Volvo Museum.

With the season now in full swing Villa have made a decent start and I think we will only get better as the new players settle in. Heaton will turn out to be an inspired signing for the money and I think we can already see why Pep thinks so highly of Luiz whilst I think Wesley could be our new Benteke. We must remember that 17th is success this year!
    Whilst on the subject of football I would suggest anyone who has any interest in the game watches the new series on Amazon Prime following Leeds United. Ended up binge watching all 6 episodes last night.
    I have also placed a couple of antepost bets for the season which are as follows.

Top Goalscorers.
    6 x £1 Doubles, 4 x £1 Trebles, £1 EW Accum.
    Abraham @ 66/1.
    Mitrovic @ 6/1.
    Grigg @ 10/1.
    Vaughan @ 10/1.

Champions.
    £5 Treble.
    Fulham @ 13/2.
    Sunderland @ 7/2.
    Bradford @ 13/2.

£5 Accum.
    Coventry Top 6 @ 3/1.
    Exeter Top 7 @ 5/2.
    Chorley Top 7 @ 10/3.
    Huddersfield Top 6 @ 2/1.
    Leicester Top 6 @ 4/1.

Great start back on the tables as I have just qualified for The Main from the 6.00pm semi.

Bankroll £224.91
  • Options

@68Trebor

Great to see you back, & GL in tonight's Main.

Those photos are extraordinary, most especially the 2nd one.

St Petersburg? No doubt about it, the most amazing City I have ever visited in my life. Everyone should go visit it at least once. Hermitage is breathtaking, as is the Square with the big sticky-up obelisk in it. That obelisk is free-standing - not fixed to the ground in any way, just stood on end. And try to imagine how they got it erected back in the day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Column

• Options

Got to spend a few hours in The Hermitage and could easily of spent a few days in there. Never been in anywhere quite like it in terms of the architecture and the quantity and quality of the exhibits from Rembrandt, Da Vinci, Angelo and Raphael.

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Welcome back.

I didn't have time to read your posts but from looking at the pictures I'm guessing you've just been round @MattBates house for tea?
  • Options

Just played this hand in tonight's Main.
    Its hands like this that make me wonder if I know what I am doing.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    cullumSmall blind20.0020.004140.00
    keithste31Big blind40.0060.006137.50
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A
    SoLackRaise120.00180.004242.50
    68TreborCall120.00300.005215.00
    splashiesFold
    smith1408Fold
    cullumFold
    keithste31Call80.00380.006057.50
    Flop
    • Q
    keithste31Check
    SoLackBet190.00570.004052.50
    68TreborCall190.00760.005025.00
    keithste31Call190.00950.005867.50
    Turn
    keithste31Check
    SoLackBet475.001425.003577.50
    68TreborFold
    keithste31Call475.001900.005392.50
    River
    • A
    keithste31Check
    SoLackBet950.002850.002627.50
    keithste31Call950.003800.004442.50
    SoLackShow
    • K
    • J
    keithste31Show
    keithste31WinTwo Pairs, 7s and 5s3800.008242.50
  • Options

Welcome back.

I didn't have time to read your posts but from looking at the pictures I'm guessing you've just been round @MattBates house for tea?

He doesn't have ceilings that high!
  • Options

Last night I managed to qualify for The Main through the 6pm Semi and then played The Mini as well.

Finished 96th in The Main with 1 Bounty and 205th in The Mini with no bounties.
    So a tiny profit on the night as I used my £2.30 token.

This is the hand that I went out with in The Main. I have been thinking about this all morning and still not sure if it is the right play by me or am I being far too aggressive pre-flop and then being an idiot getting my whole stack in. I have nothing on The Villain apart from an earlier hand when he limped in 1st position, I raised in the cut off with 99 and then hit a 9 high flop and doubled up against his AA. The below hand is a common situation to find yourself in and wondered how others would play it.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    S1DSmall blind150.00150.0011765.00
    68TreborBig blind300.00450.0014765.00
    Your hole cards
    ozzieowenFold
    MRBLEWPIEFold
    LalalolaFold
    DP1956Raise600.001050.0017855.00
    S1DFold
    68TreborRaise1800.002850.0012965.00
    DP1956All-in17855.0020705.000.00
    68TreborAll-in12965.0033670.000.00
    DP1956Unmatched bet3390.0030280.003390.00
    68TreborShow
    DP1956Show
    • K
    • K
    Flop
    • A
    Turn
    River
    DP1956WinTwo Pairs, Kings and 7s30280.0033670.00

Bankroll £225.85
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,029
    Your 3-bet is fine.
    But you have to fold to the shove, unless you have him marked as looser than a contestant on Love Island...
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Your 3-bet is fine.
    But you have to fold to the shove, unless you have him marked as looser than a contestant on Love Island...

Would he not be capable of shoving all-in with smaller pairs and AK, AQ ?
  • Options

2 small bets this evening.

£5 accum
    Brighton @ 3/5.
    Norwich @ 1/3.
    Villa @ 2/5.
    Palace @ 2/9.
    West Ham @ 3/10.

£5 Over 2.5 goals.
    Northampton @ 1/2.
    Crawley @ 1/2.
    Crewe @ 8/15.
    Newport @ 1/2.
    Mansfield @ 8/13.

• Options

^^^^

@68Trebor @MAXALLY @stokefc

You've missed the banker of the round - Leeds at home to Stoke.

What can possibly go wrong at Elland Road tonight, after Saturday's debacle at Victoria Ground Bet365 Stadium?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^

What can possibly go wrong at Elland Road tonight, after Saturday's debacle at Victoria Ground Bet365 Stadium?

we,ve lost our identity , we used to have some pride at my football club now i don,t recognize it , such a spectacular fall from grace its depressing , for me anyway
    its gotton so bad i,ve had to turn chat off cuz everybody is taking the pi$$ which is expected
    oh well life goes on :D
    up the not so mighty potters
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^

We all know Leeds are likely to fall apart again.
    Just watch that Documentary on Amazon Prime if you don't believe me.
  • Options
    stokefc said:

Tikay10 said:

^^^^

we,ve lost our identity , we used to have some pride at my football club now i don,t recognize it , such a spectacular fall from grace its depressing , for me anyway
    its gotton so bad i,ve had to turn chat off cuz everybody is taking the pi$$ which is expected

All those Potters who wanted rid of Pullis must be enjoying the new expansive brand of football you now play.
    On the plus side there is a real footballer inside Scott Hogan, just needs someone to find it. Hopefully he may get a run in your side and regain that confidence is he is so obviously lacking.
    Good luck for the season.
  • Options
    68Trebor said:

stokefc said:

Tikay10 said:

^^^^

All those Potters who wanted rid of Pullis must be enjoying the new expansive brand of football you now play.
    On the plus side there is a real footballer inside Scott Hogan, just needs someone to find it. Hopefully he may get a run in your side and regain that confidence is he is so obviously lacking.
    Good luck for the season.
    god no , if Pulis ever came i,d stop watching Stoke "yes i still watch them"
    Pulis had one good spell ,the cup final year , he opened up , playing decent football then he reverted to type a team that played to defend a one nil defeat .
    rubbish football
  • Options

Talking of Stoke City, how much longer will Nathan Jones last as Manager?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Talking of Stoke City, how much longer will Nathan Jones last as Manager?

if he doesn,t pull his finger out not very long