You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    Essexphil said:

Lots of us read with interest.

Safe to say my local ASDA lacks morale.
    Heard a member of staff claim that ASDA stands for:-

"Another $hit Day Ahead.

Retail is a tough place to be these days and probably ain't getting any better any time soon.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    You can add my name to the list of keen but mostly silent lurkers - sorry I don't get round to commenting more often, but it all makes for a good read.

I'm starting to think there's a disproportionately high number of Aston Villa fans knocking about on this forum. It makes sense I guess - this little corner of the internet felt classy the moment I stumbled upon it :D.
  • Options

Haven't played a hand of poker for a week. The reason being I really haven't 'felt it' and with the end of the world not far away work has been rather tiring.
    On the subject of work it always amazes me how the human race reacts to certain situations. To see people panicking and buying stuff just for the sake of it is all rather sad. I am no medical expert but honestly believe that a lot of people have either had or currently have this virus and the figures being bandied about by governments are a long way off the truth. To me there just seems to be too higher proportion of 'celebrities' who have contracted the virus for the figures to be correct.
    A weekend without sport has been strange and the next few months are going to see us living in a very different world. Although I do think it would be quite amusing to see Liverpool not be crowned Champions, Leeds having to spend another season in The Championship and the mighty Villa remaining in the promised land. I do not see how this season will be completed and expect it to be cancelled but do wonder what the final outcome will be. Knowing the Premier League they will look after themselves and we will start afresh next season as though this one never happened.
    Going to be playing a bit tonight whilst watching Dues new Sunday stream.

Bankroll £225.90
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,083

@68Trebor

Must be an "interesting" time in the supermarket business.

I was at my local Tesco this morning, & it was carnage, people behaving like animals. It was a sickening sight.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    i was at my local Tesco this morning

Oi. Should'nt you be "self isolating"? The forum have organised a rota where we will drop food parcels off at your door.
  • Options

Been a fortnight since last post and it seems like we live in a different world now. Work is a lot quieter and with only a limited number of customers allowed in store at anyone time the sales line is taking a bit of a hammering and with that comes the worry of waste and wages control. From one extreme to another. Still amazes me how people think buying a scratchcard is an essential and justifies a visit to the supermarket.
    Not played that much poker, but expect that to increase as work settles down. Have just spent an hour on the 10nl tables and booked a £15 profit. Have to say the traffic is amazing at the moment and lots of new faces on the tables.
    My lad unfortunately got laid of last week so anyone know of any jobs going in the Huddersfield area feel free to let me know. He will turn his hand to anything and is hoping the company he worked for will re-employ him once all of this is over.
    Willow has never been walked so much and it makes me laugh how every time we go past The Grove she is scratching at door to get in. Did contemplate taking a pint from home down to the beer garden the other day, but decided against it.
    No football and Jack The Lad has obviously decided to try and ruin his career again. If the rumours are correct of him smashing his Range Rover into parked cars following a few too many bevvies, and then deciding to leg it, he can kiss goodbye to his BIG move and his England career. Could be the biggest waste of talent in recent years. Such a shame but also such an idiot.

Bankroll £265.14

• Options

@68Trebor

Ha, yes, the irony of the supermarket trading flip-flop is quite something. Not easy, navigating through this crisis, is it?

Grealish? Sigh. I don't think there's any bad in him, he's just not terribly bright, though maybe not as bad as Andy Carroll.

Take care man.
  • Options

If you are a cash game player what are your thoughts on the below.

This is my entire play on 10nl at Sky this year and although I know it is a tiny sample what is a realistic bb/100 achievable.
    I have reached the point with tournies, as I suspect most players do, where you question the long term viability of playing for hours, to lose a flip, come 23rd out of a few hundred and win £13.67. For that reason, and the apparent profitability of 10nl tables and particularly the hourly win rate I am leaning more and more towards cash games. Long may the above continue.
    For those of you self isolating, time on your hands and Netflix I would like to recommend a few watches.
    Safe - A decent thriller that you will end up binge watching as you try to work out whodunnit.
    The English Game - A tale of cotton mills, Eton and the first professional footballer. A really great glimpse back in history and so much more than the story of how football became the working class game. Tikay I think you would really enjoy this one, steam trains included.
    Sunderland Till I Die - Season 2 has just launched and if anything like Season 1 is well worth a watch. Even my 19 year old daughter, who has no real interest in football enjoys it.
    My next 2 watches will be 3rd season of Ozark, really enjoyed 1 & 2, and Tiger King, is the hype real.
    Off for a walk with Willow, lamb stew in slow cooker for tea followed by apple pie and custard, and then a few hours on 10nl, before another week at Social Distancing central or Asda as it's known.

Bankroll £266.16
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    68Trebor said:

If you are a cash game player what are your thoughts on the below.

This is my entire play on 10nl at Sky this year and although I know it is a tiny sample what is a realistic bb/100 achievable.
    I have reached the point with tournies, as I suspect most players do, where you question the long term viability of playing for hours, to lose a flip, come 23rd out of a few hundred and win £13.67. For that reason, and the apparent profitability of 10nl tables and particularly the hourly win rate I am leaning more and more towards cash games. Long may the above continue.
    For those of you self isolating, time on your hands and Netflix I would like to recommend a few watches.
    Safe - A decent thriller that you will end up binge watching as you try to work out whodunnit.
    The English Game - A tale of cotton mills, Eton and the first professional footballer. A really great glimpse back in history and so much more than the story of how football became the working class game. Tikay I think you would really enjoy this one, steam trains included.
    Sunderland Till I Die - Season 2 has just launched and if anything like Season 1 is well worth a watch. Even my 19 year old daughter, who has no real interest in football enjoys it.
    My next 2 watches will be 3rd season of Ozark, really enjoyed 1 & 2, and Tiger King, is the hype real.
    Off for a walk with Willow, lamb stew in slow cooker for tea followed by apple pie and custard, and then a few hours on 10nl, before another week at Social Distancing central or Asda as it's known.

Bankroll £266.16

Another Social Distancing Ahead, surely?

Good luck
  • Options

A very poor couple of weeks on the poker tables. Lost a couple of hundred on UKOPS, where I played over my Bankroll and suffered. With Mini UKOPS on the horizon I have decide that I meed to stick to £7.70 tournies and under. Want to get The BR back up to £300 mark before tackling any £11 buy ins. Do think I have been running pretty poorly but not sure if that is me making excuses. Any way it is time to really focus.
    At work it looks like I maybe on the move again. Regional Manager has asked my GSM to speak to me regards moving stores. Although I am not to keen as my work life balance is probably the best its been for a while it is probably daft to sick ones heels in the ground. These people can make life very tough for you if they want to. I have explained my position and expect to hear the outcome in the next couple of days.
    We will have been in our current house for 5 years in October and our current tied in mortgage will end then. Our lass has got a bit of a bee in the bonnet about moving to a house with a bigger garden. Seen a couple of nice houses in Meltham and Emley and apparently will be taking a drive to have a look on Wednesday. Not sure if this violates social distancing but a s we won't be getting out of the car I don't really see the harm.
    Must tell you about a hand I have just played.
    About 20 hands into the £5.50, £1k BH and I pick up As,Js (about 90BB's), I raise 3x on the Hijack and get called by the Button (about 120 BB's) and the Big Blind. Flop is Kc, 8s, 5s. Big Blind checks, I check, Button 1/2 pots, Big Blind folds, I jam, Button calls with 10h, 5h. WHY? Anyway I hold. Strange game.

Balance £80.

• Options

@68Trebor

Shame about the transfer, but you are correct, this is not a time to be digging our heels in with the Suits.

Love that hand you mention. I've rarely played a poker session when at least one player made a completely inexplicable play. Long may it last.

This was nicely phrased;

Seen a couple of nice houses in Meltham and Emley and apparently will be taking a drive to have a look on Wednesday.

;)
  • Options

What's your play here.
    Approx 10 of the bubble and a new table, so no history.
    I've got 12,000 chips.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    splashiesSmall blind400.00400.005132.50
    wolmanp11Big blind800.001200.0026580.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • J
    tiggiFold
    CarmeniAll-in13840.0015040.000.00
    savy3Fold
    68TreborFold
    splashiesFold
    wolmanp11Fold
    CarmeniMuck
    CarmeniWin2000.002000.00
    CarmeniReturn13040.000.0015040.00
    Soooo nearly called, but declined.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Very close.
    Think I agree with you-I fold. But arguable either way.
  • Options

The above hand seemed to work out OK as I managed to finish 13/509 in the £5.50, £2k BH. Along with a 14th in the 7 at 7 and a 2nd in the £5.50, £1k BH on Wednesday, I have managed to increase the bankroll to £149. The current aim is to get above £300, at which point I will start adding £11 MTT's. I feel like I am playing pretty well at the moment and think a win is not far away.
    The move back to Pudsey at work has been confirmed and I am now waiting for a start date. Although not ideal in terms of travel, it is a store I know and enjoyed my time there before. It will also be a more challenging role than my current and has maybe come at the right time for me to get my work mojo back. With the high probability of Asda being sold by Walmart and a new management restructure, both having been postponed due to coronavirus, the future post Christmas is unknown to us all.
    On a selfish note it is looking more and more unlikely our planned cruise around the Med in August will go ahead and the prospect of no 2 weeks in the sun this year is disappointing. We can but hope that some normality has returned by then and 2 weeks away somewhere is allowed, even if it is 2 weeks at my Dad's in Devon.
    For those with nothing to watch I have just finished Season 3 of Ozark and would highly recommend it. It is one of those few shows which seems to get better and better the more they film. I have now started watching Money Heist, and after one episode I'm still not sure.
    Went for a decent walk on Wednesday up to Emley Moor and went past the potential new house in Emley on the way. It is no longer potentially our new house. After having a good shufty around the back our lass declared that the garden, (one of the main reasons it was in the running), was not to her liking. I thought it was too far from the pub. All local pubs need to be within 5 mins walk and CANNOT mean a walk uphill to get home.
    I am in the process of trying to convince her that the best bet is to try and stay in Skelmanthorpe but try and find something with a bigger garden and on a slightly quieter road, but a max of 7 minutes, at a push, from The Grove.
    I have also bought a new exercise bike, as I try to get my weight down and get a bit trimmer. Got a Roger Black Gold bike, no less, from Argos for the princely sum of £110. Have found it to be a good purchase, although the max tension setting of 8 dosen't seem that hard. At the moment I am sticking to doing 15kms, all of it on tension 8, every other day. I have completed this 6 times now and my PB is 34"19. My weight loss as a result is 1lb, but I do feel better for it.

Bankroll £149.37.
    Weight 14"2.
    PB (15km) 34"19.
  • Options

@68Trebor

1) Is it true that Skelmanthorpe is known as "Shat" by locals?

2) Am I imagining it, or do a lot of villages in that part of Yorkshire end in "Thorpe"?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@68Trebor

1) Is it true that Skelmanthorpe is known as "Shat" by locals?

2) Am I imagining it, or do a lot of villages in that part of Yorkshire end in "Thorpe"?

Skelmanthoroe is indeed known as Shat by the locals.

Locals know it as "Shat", which appears to be an abbreviation of "Shatterers" which is what the locals were known as. Local labour was taken on during construction of the railway to break or 'shatter' rocks as well as work on the excavations. These unskilled labourers were referred to as Shatterers The Doctor Whoactress Jodie Whittaker explains the origins of the term and refers to herself as a "Shat lass" 

Not sure if the local travel agents went a bit too far though.

• Options

Exciting news.
    Just got in to tonight's £10k Big Weekend BH for £6.60 through a frenzy.
    Trying to qualify for Sharpshooter through the LR Semi.
    Updates throughout the night.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Not the best start,
    Lolufold next to me with position on me, never get if that is to the right or left of me,
    Gotta beat the best to win.
  • Options

Lucky me got a table move in the £10k Big Weekender, mattprawn now has position on me. Played 2 pots where I had trips and a set, got paid a few when I had trips and saved a few when I had set on straightening board.
    At first break -
    Currently have 5,045 chips and sit 39/80.
    In the Sharpshooter LR Semi I currently have 4175 chips and sit 30/65.