You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

EURO 2024

Comments

• Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 578
    Spain are far too long at 2/1 IMO. I get that anything can happen in tournament football, but evens would be closer to the mark.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,723
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,873
    Not going to get too the Bottle.......

edited July 8

Netherlands vs England referee: UEFA appoint controversial official slammed by Jude Bellingham for Euro 2024 semi-final.

Three Lions star was fined in 2021 for referencing a previous match-fixing scandal in criticism of Felix Zwayer.

UEFA have appointed controversial German referee Felix Zwayer to officiate England’s Euro 2024 semi-final against the Netherlands in Dortmund.

Zwayer, 43, was involved in a match-fixing scandal in 2005 and was given a six-month ban.

He also took a two-month break from refereeing in 2021 following a controversial ‘Der Klassiker’ game at Signal Iduna Park between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga.

Zwayer turned down Dortmund's appeals for a penalty before giving Bayern a spot-kick for a handball by Mats Hummels.

After that game, then-Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham questioned his officiating.

Bellingham said: “You give a referee, that has match fixed before, the biggest game in Germany. What do you expect?”

England’s Bellingham was fined £34,000 by the German Football Association (DFB) for his comments.

Wednesday’s semi-final will be Zwayer’s fourth game of Euro 2024 so far. He oversaw the group-stage matches between Italy and Albania and Portugal and Turkey, and was also in charge of the Netherlands’ 3-0 win over Romania in the last 16.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/19692/13175064/felix-zwayer-why-englands-jude-bellingham-has-history-with-referee-taking-charge-of-euro-2024-semi-final
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,768
    How can they appoint that ref with the history he's got , lets hope he's forgot what St Jude said in the past , i doubt it though , 1st booking St Jude
    My England paranoia is starting to manifest :#
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,597
    Typical UEFA. They could easily avoid controversy but are too stubborn or corrupt to take such action. One contentious decision and this all goes ballistic very quickly.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,429
    Well IF we get to the final we are going to get battered. Well played Spain.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,355
    The bookies are giving evs for England to score in 90 mins.
    edited July 10
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,975
    Brilliant decision by southgate to take kane and foden off byebye englanda
    Doubleme said:

That aged well...
    lucy4 said:

Doubleme said:

That aged well...
    well it didnt but then at least I had the Kahoonas to comment as happening rather then waiting to only comment once everything definitely decided like everyone else.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,066
    Doubleme said:

lucy4 said:

Doubleme said:

That aged well...
    well it didnt but then at least I had the Kahoonas to comment as happening rather then waiting to only comment once everything definitely decided like everyone else.
    Everyone was crying out for Kane to be taken off, he looks like he is running in treacle
    waller02 said:

Doubleme said:

lucy4 said:

Doubleme said:

That aged well...
    Everyone was crying out for Kane to be taken off, he looks like he is running in treacle
    hes not what he once was thats for sure. Well when England win the whole thing I will have to be in effective lockdown for months because of those people at the NAZI PUB round the corner from me.

there goes my safety for this side of christmas.