You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

THREAD CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    Risky-EarlRisky-Earl Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2009
    Very good analogy Tikay.
    xFallenx the bottom line is that nobody is arguing with u here, infact quite the opposite. Everyone is trying to help be it by friendly positive support to pick u up or by pointing out realistic facts & figures in order to understand why. I wish u the best of luck, a break or change as previously suggested may be wats needed so that u can come back with a fresh positive approach & start enjoying it again! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Wow Mr Earl VWD!! That's great news and a great induction into OMaha! Glad you're enjoying our little community here. It's a very great pleasure to welcome you into it. xLM
    Posted by LML
    Hi there, thanks. Great little community & great people, thankyou for a warm welcome. Rob
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Wow Mr Earl VWD!! That's great news and a great induction into OMaha! Glad you're enjoying our little community here. It's a very great pleasure to welcome you into it. xLM
    Posted by LML
    Lisa-Maries new blog is a good read
    xfallenx it may be of interest to u maybe not just a suggestion :)
    Regards rob.
  • Options
    xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Lisa-Maries new blog is a good read xfallenx it may be of interest to u maybe not just a suggestion :) Regards rob.
    Posted by Risky-Earl
    TY have done x
  • Options
    xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited December 2009
    OF COURSE TIKAY YOU ARE NOT WRONG AT ALL,IN FACT THAT PERFECTLY SUMMED IT ALL UP.WHAT BUGS ME THOUGH IS THAT A PLAYER LIKE XFALLENX HAS A BIT OF A MOAN ABOUT BAD LUCK OR BAD CALLS AND SOME OF THE RIOT BRIGADE COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK.I HAVE SEEN OTHER THREADS RELATED TO THESE SUBJECTS AND THEY ARE STILL ON HERE AND NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON HERE HAS HAD ANY KIND OF DIG AT THEM AT ALL.THAT IS AN OBSERVATION AND NOWT AT ALL TO DO WITH YOUR POSTS TIKAY.BUT AS FOR A FEW OF THE OTHERS?WELL THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE.ALL THE BEST DEBS XX
    Posted by debdobs_67
    TY debdobs was beginning 2 feel a bit victimized here
  • Options
    fitzer14fitzer14 Member Posts: 248
    edited December 2009
    Hi fallen.

May i first say i feel your pain also and sympathise,when i go through these stages as i often do,i find usung my points up in freefolls etc etc helps..............you still get to play the game you love and get to build your confidence up again.

Hope it turns around for you soon...were all behind you.

May the flop be with you.

Fitz.
  • Options
    leapylee57leapylee57 Member Posts: 41
    edited December 2009
    I agree with a lot oif the comments about players getting lucky with bad calls, but when did they ever admit they got lucky sometimes! There does seem to be a vast difference when playing on-line against live tournaments in the way the cards come out, seems on-line you need far better hands to win. To those who call the muppets, surely part of the game is to suss them out and leave them alone to self-detruct. You wouldn't see Alex Ferguson moaning if he got beat playing a bad team on a soggy pitch, he would blame his own players for not adapting!
  • Options
    Quagmire72Quagmire72 Member Posts: 789
    edited December 2009
    I agree with a lot oif the comments about players getting lucky with bad calls, but when did they ever admit they got lucky sometimes! There does seem to be a vast difference when playing on-line against live tournaments in the way the cards come out, seems on-line you need far better hands to win. To those who call the muppets, surely part of the game is to suss them out and leave them alone to self-detruct. You wouldn't see Alex Ferguson moaning if he got beat playing a bad team on a soggy pitch, he would blame his own players for not adapting!
    Posted by leapylee57
    Have to disagree with you there, Alex Ferguson would be blaming the referee.
  • Options
    Spartan3Spartan3 Member Posts: 86
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Have to disagree with you there, Alex Ferguson would be blaming the referee.
    Posted by Quagmire72

I think Sir Alex would blame xFallonx ;)
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited December 2009
    Posted by leapylee57
    You must be joking! He would blame the referee, the 4th official and the groundsman. No way would he blame his payers.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited December 2009
    My god ... after a rotten run I've actually just cashed in a DYM. Feel like I've won the WSOP (but without the $$$)
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited December 2009
    It must be Christmas 'cos I won an Omaha DYM last night. .......Played 10 - cashed one...... I'm improving.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited December 2009
    It must be Christmas 'cos I won an Omaha DYM last night. .......Played 10 - cashed one...... I'm improving.
    Posted by elsadog
    Hmm interesting. Now that Christmas is out of the way things return to normal ...... (thinking) ...... obviously THEY needed to punish us so THEY could pay for those Santa giveaways!

Area 51!

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Hmm interesting. Now that Christmas is out of the way things return to normal ...... (thinking) ...... obviously THEY needed to punish us so THEY could pay for those Santa giveaways! Area 51!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I'll be there
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I saw a lovely play yesterday, by the way. It was a 227 runner Tourney, & there were 51 players left. It went All-In (he covered everyone), Call All-In, Call All-In, & then the BB, sat there with 5 x Big Blinds, called too. The first 3 players showed...... A-A Q-Q T-T The Big Blind (remember he had 5 x BB) had 8s-7s. And he won Pot 1, & quadrupled up. Nobody raised an eyebrow. It might surprise some of you to see the pre-flop odds, which were..... A-A = 52.3% Q-Q = 16.3% T-T = 14.0% 5d-4d = 17.4% So 8-7 man was SECOND favourite in a 4 way coup v A-A, Q-Q & T-T. So, if all three hands were face up, 8-7 man should snap call. And he did. It was not on Sky Poker, by the way. It was a £100 Live Tourney. ANY player who understands poker would call there in a heartbeat. Note, by the way, that A-A man was only even-money. In other words, he was effectively flipping. He was a marginal favourite against "the field", that's all. If we hypothetically added a FIFTH player into the mix, wiith, say, K-K, A-A man is now only 42% to win. So he is not even favourite in the coup. He has the best chance, but he's not favourite to win "against the field". Funny things, numbers, & a fascinating game, poker. Those who can figure the stats & the maths do OK.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay, I would like to say thanks for this post. I was in an MTT today and running out of chips with the binds going up, about 40 players eft and 20 to cash. If I had played the hand below before reading your post i would have folded without a thought but I sat, thought and the rest is history! For the record I came second, losing the heads up when I went allin with 10 5 after an AA5 flop and got called by K 5!

Hand History #219491447 (19:39 01/01/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    gerbil00 Small blind   500.00 500.00 16835.00
    Seagull158 Big blind   1000.00 1500.00 4940.00
      Your hole cards

ramadama All-in   17097.50 18597.50 0.00
    BRADSHAW34 Call   17097.50 35695.00 1295.00
    EMNPAUL Fold        
    gerbil00 Fold        
    Seagull158 All-in   4940.00 40635.00 0.00
    Seagull158 Show

ramadama Show
    • K
    • A

BRADSHAW34 Show

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

BRADSHAW34 Win Two Pairs, 9s and 6s 22315.00   23610.00
    Seagull158 Win Two Pairs, 10s and 6s 18320.00   18320.00
  • Options
    mag70mag70 Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2010
    Experienced this in the £1k tourny tonight...... Ok, he's low staked but quality play, not a chance.....

Hand History #219552315 (22:01 01/01/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    low stack
    Small blind   100.00 100.00 1177.50
    xxx Big blind   200.00 300.00 5280.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • K

xxx Fold        
    mag70 Call   200.00 500.00 4220.00
    xxx Fold        
    xxx Call   200.00 700.00 6405.00
    low stack Raise   300.00 1000.00 877.50
    xxx Fold        
    mag70 Call   200.00 1200.00 4020.00
    xxx Call   200.00 1400.00 6205.00
    Flop

• K

ddenn All-in   877.50 2277.50 0.00
    mag70 Call   877.50 3155.00 3142.50
    xxx Fold        
    ddenn Show

mag70 Show
    • J
    • K

Turn

River

• Q

ddenn Win Straight to the 8 3155.00   3155.00
  • Options
    Scotty83Scotty83 Member Posts: 18
    edited January 2010
    Fallen, Hi.

I completely understand where you are coming from and no amount of chat about variance, pot odds, implied odds will ease your pain of that horrific bad beat. 

I have given out bad beats and been SO lucky as well, and I have also taken bad beats for example tonight in a 5 player pot, I raise on the flop off 8AA with K8 and get one caller, another ace comes and I don't think he has it, so I shove to push him all in on the turn 8AAA, I have the full house, he calls and flips over 3-10 off, ive already punched the air thinking yes! Good read! My pot.......the inevitable happens - 10. on the river.....

I was gutted and had the rage, why did he call all in with nothing at all? why was he even calling that raise on the flop with this hand? Unless he is looking to bluff me off it on the turn which didn't happen, another donk play. 

So this is what I plan to do, stop playing, fill up the glass with 2 blocks of ice, pour out some single barrel JD (a very nice xmas gift) and forget all about it.  Im going to watch the 2nd leg of the darts semi final, and read more of "Harrington on Hold Em Volume I" (excellent book) and when I come back online at some point...i'll forget all about it, JD are my hugs!

Chin up and I hope your run of luck is better for 2010

Scotty
  • Options
    doyouwantidoyouwanti Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    In Response to STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    AM TOTALLY FED UP. FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS ALL I HAVE BEEN DOING IN DEFENDING SKY AND IDIOT PLAYERS. BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH FOR WEEKS NOW ALL IVE COME ACROSS IS TOTAL CHANCERS/MUPPETS/IDIOTS AND WHAT MAKES IT WORSE THEY SEEM 2 WIN 9/10. I MOVED ON2 THIS SITE TO GET AWAY FROM THEM BUT THEY SEEM 2 B COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK.EVERY SINGLE TABLE IVE BEEN ON THEY R THERE HAVE LOST LOADS OF FRIENDS ON HERE 4 THIS VERY REASON. THERES NO LONGER SKILL NEEDED 2 WIN, JUST CHANCE! 4GET BEING A GOOD SOLID PLAYER, JUST CHANCE IT UR MORE LIKELY 2 WIN!!
    Posted by xFALLENx
    I concur ,
  • Options
    Scotty83Scotty83 Member Posts: 18
    edited January 2010
    Why I'll NEVER play at this time of morning again:

Scotty83 /> mate you called all the way wi mid pair?
    Scotty83 /> why?
    gingerice /> am wrecked

Nice...got lucky needless to say on the river and hit...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Fallen, Hi. I completely understand where you are coming from and no amount of chat about variance, pot odds, implied odds will ease your pain of that horrific bad beat.  I have given out bad beats and been SO lucky as well, and I have also taken bad beats for example tonight in a 5 player pot, I raise on the flop off 8AA with K8 and get one caller, another ace comes and I don't think he has it, so I shove to push him all in on the turn 8AAA, I have the full house, he calls and flips over 3-10 off, ive already punched the air thinking yes! Good read! My pot.......the inevitable happens - 10. on the river..... I was gutted and had the rage, why did he call all in with nothing at all? why was he even calling that raise on the flop with this hand? Unless he is looking to bluff me off it on the turn which didn't happen, another donk play.  So this is what I plan to do, stop playing, fill up the glass with 2 blocks of ice, pour out some single barrel JD (a very nice xmas gift) and forget all about it.  Im going to watch the 2nd leg of the darts semi final, and read more of "Harrington on Hold Em Volume I" (excellent book) and when I come back online at some point...i'll forget all about it, JD are my hugs! Chin up and I hope your run of luck is better for 2010 Scotty
    Posted by Scotty83
    I bought HArrington on Hold'em vol 1 a couple of months ago. I've read it 3 times, keep on dipping into it and, I hope, it has helped me loads. Has anyone read vol 2 The End Game?