You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

THREAD CLOSED

Comments

• elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : I bought HArrington on Hold'em vol 1 a couple of months ago. I've read it 3 times, keep on dipping into it and, I hope, it has helped me loads. Has anyone read vol 2 The End Game?
    Posted by Seagull158
    Without vol 2 it is incomplete. Vol2 is excellent and takes you through the tournament to the H2H.
  • JIM_JONESJIM_JONES Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2010
    LOL ON A DAILY BASIS I FIND MYSELF ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS. WHAT KIND OF STATISTICAL SYTEM DOES THE SOFTWARE USE TO DEAL THE CARDS? ALSO I CONSTANTLY QUESTION WHETHER THE SOFTWARE FAVOURS CHIPLEADERS AT CERTAIN STAGES OF SATS AND TOURNYS IN ORDER TO WRAP UP THE GAME QUICKER AND ON TO THE NEXT AS IT WERE. MORE MONEY ETC ETC. AS FOR THE STANDARD OF PLAY ITS ONLY WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF A CROWD LARGELY CONSTRUCTED OF PEOPLE THAT WATCH SKY TELEVISION AND ARE JUST KEEN TO TRY OUT THE NEW FAD THATS SPREADING AROUND THE WORLD. POKER IS HIGHLY AFFORDABLE EVEN FOR POOR PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF! LOL!, AND YOU DONT NEED A COMPUTER TO PLAY IT, SO THERE WILL BE AN ABUNDANCE OF CHANCERS, (BEGINNERS) IS PROBABLY A MORE FAIRER TERM! SO INSTEAD OF GETTING YOUR BACK UP AS I HAVE DONE YOU HAVE TO PLAY THESE PEOPLE AT THEIR OWN GAME. OR JUST BE PATIENT AND WAIT FOR THEM TO SLIP UP AS THEY SURELY WILL. ONE PIECE OF ADVISE IS DONT LET THEM GET TO YOU BECAUSE IVE THROWN AWAY SO MANY GAMES FROM GD POSITIONS THROUGH LETTING OTHER PEOPLE AT THE TABLE GET TO ME IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. STICK TO YOUR OWN GAME! AT THE END OF THE DAY IM NO EXPERT BUT IM CONFIDENT THAT OVER A PERIOD OF TIME THE SOLID AND SENSIBLE PLAY WILL PREVAIL MONETARILY AND THATS WHAT COUNTS. FINALLY IM SERIOUSLY FED UP OF MY AA GETTING BEATEN BY ALL VARIETY OF HANDS THAT SHOULD BE IN THE MUCK! IVE LOST COUNT OF THE AMOUNT OF TIMES ITS HAPPENED, I STOPPED PLAYING CASH BECAUSE I KEPT LOSING MONEY WITH AA. SO ITS DEFINATELY A SOFTWARE ISSUE RATHER THAN A STANDARD STATISTICAL EVENT, (IN MY OPINION). THIS JUST DOES NOT HAPPEN ANYWHERE NEAR AS MUCH PLAYING LIVE AS IT DOES ONLINE,  I THOUGHT ONLINE CARD DEALING SYSTEMS ARE SUPPOSED TO REPLICATE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBABILITY, CHANCE, ETC LOL! YOU KNOW WHERE IM COMING FROM. WHY IS IT NOT THE SAME?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273
    edited January 2010
    LOL ON A DAILY BASIS I FIND MYSELF ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS. WHAT KIND OF STATISTICAL SYTEM DOES THE SOFTWARE USE TO DEAL THE CARDS? ALSO I CONSTANTLY QUESTION WHETHER THE SOFTWARE FAVOURS CHIPLEADERS AT CERTAIN STAGES OF SATS AND TOURNYS IN ORDER TO WRAP UP THE GAME QUICKER AND ON TO THE NEXT AS IT WERE. MORE MONEY ETC ETC. AS FOR THE STANDARD OF PLAY ITS ONLY WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF A CROWD LARGELY CONSTRUCTED OF PEOPLE THAT WATCH SKY TELEVISION AND ARE JUST KEEN TO TRY OUT THE NEW FAD THATS SPREADING AROUND THE WORLD. POKER IS HIGHLY AFFORDABLE EVEN FOR POOR PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF! LOL!, AND YOU DONT NEED A COMPUTER TO PLAY IT, SO THERE WILL BE AN ABUNDANCE OF CHANCERS, (BEGINNERS) IS PROBABLY A MORE FAIRER TERM! SO INSTEAD OF GETTING YOUR BACK UP AS I HAVE DONE YOU HAVE TO PLAY THESE PEOPLE AT THEIR OWN GAME. OR JUST BE PATIENT AND WAIT FOR THEM TO SLIP UP AS THEY SURELY WILL. ONE PIECE OF ADVISE IS DONT LET THEM GET TO YOU BECAUSE IVE THROWN AWAY SO MANY GAMES FROM GD POSITIONS THROUGH LETTING OTHER PEOPLE AT THE TABLE GET TO ME IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. STICK TO YOUR OWN GAME! AT THE END OF THE DAY IM NO EXPERT BUT IM CONFIDENT THAT OVER A PERIOD OF TIME THE SOLID AND SENSIBLE PLAY WILL PREVAIL MONETARILY AND THATS WHAT COUNTS. FINALLY IM SERIOUSLY FED UP OF MY AA GETTING BEATEN BY ALL VARIETY OF HANDS THAT SHOULD BE IN THE MUCK! IVE LOST COUNT OF THE AMOUNT OF TIMES ITS HAPPENED, I STOPPED PLAYING CASH BECAUSE I KEPT LOSING MONEY WITH AA. SO ITS DEFINATELY A SOFTWARE ISSUE RATHER THAN A STANDARD STATISTICAL EVENT, (IN MY OPINION). THIS JUST DOES NOT HAPPEN ANYWHERE NEAR AS MUCH PLAYING LIVE AS IT DOES ONLINE,  I THOUGHT ONLINE CARD DEALING SYSTEMS ARE SUPPOSED TO REPLICATE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBABILITY, CHANCE, ETC LOL! YOU KNOW WHERE IM COMING FROM. WHY IS IT NOT THE SAME?
    Posted by JIM_JONES
    The software does not use a "statistical system", it has a RNG, & the cards come out as they come out, exactly as in Live Poker.

The "dealing systems" are not supposed to "replicate probability" here or anywhere else. They are actuality.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : The software does not use a "statistical system", it has a RNG, & the cards come out as they come out, exactly as in Live Poker. The "dealing systems" are not supposed to "replicate probability" here or anywhere else. They are actuality.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

The other day, a sat for the main event overran which meant that the "Open" had to be put back, now if the software favoured certain players, then surley this would not have happened ?
  • debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Hi tikay The other day, a sat for the main event overran which meant that the "Open" had to be put back, now if the software favoured certain players, then surley this would not have happened ?
    Posted by acebarry10
    its called variance baz.that was 1 instance the other 9,999,999 finished early.lol debs
  • AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
    edited January 2010
    In Response to STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    AM TOTALLY FED UP. FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS ALL I HAVE BEEN DOING IN DEFENDING SKY AND IDIOT PLAYERS. BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH FOR WEEKS NOW ALL IVE COME ACROSS IS TOTAL CHANCERS/MUPPETS/IDIOTS AND WHAT MAKES IT WORSE THEY SEEM 2 WIN 9/10. I MOVED ON2 THIS SITE TO GET AWAY FROM THEM BUT THEY SEEM 2 B COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK.EVERY SINGLE TABLE IVE BEEN ON THEY R THERE HAVE LOST LOADS OF FRIENDS ON HERE 4 THIS VERY REASON. THERES NO LONGER SKILL NEEDED 2 WIN, JUST CHANCE! 4GET BEING A GOOD SOLID PLAYER, JUST CHANCE IT UR MORE LIKELY 2 WIN!!
    Posted by xFALLENx

I have just played 2 sit and goes, 1 deep stack and one guaranteed speed. I have had roughly 7 winning hands in all of these tournaments put together. i sometimes have good hole cards and cant play them most of the time cos of these so called chancers putting half their stack in for no hope cards . When you dare to call them, sky make the rubbish cards win, there is no justice. I have been playing for about 3 years and am very patient with hands and very good when given a good hand. i can most of the time fish a lot of chips out of people and i always thrash my mates playing live but loads of times lately i have watched 4 or5 thousand chips just disappear with blinds or low card flops which makes their rubbish hands winning ones when they dont deserve anything. i am finding myself bleating cos i dont get a winning hand for over an hour. 62 hands on the trot was the worst. people didnt moan in the old days but now more and more people are dogging sky off and leaving . I am going to be one of them very soon cos i might as well throw my money into the street. i dont mind loosing money if i have a good time and its all fair. Its a game of chance some might say, yeh, no chance whatsoever for a decent player. Do something to make the odds different sky cos i love to play but this is bull!!!I totally agree with everything that fallen says above.
    edited January 2010
    In Response to STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : I have just played 2 sit and goes, 1 deep stack and one guaranteed speed. I have had roughly 7 winning hands in all of these tournaments put together. i sometimes have good hole cards and cant play them most of the time cos of these so called chancers putting half their stack in for no hope cards . When you dare to call them, sky make the rubbish cards win, there is no justice. I have been playing for about 3 years and am very patient with hands and very good when given a good hand. i can most of the time fish a lot of chips out of people and i always thrash my mates playing live but loads of times lately i have watched 4 or5 thousand chips just disappear with blinds or low card flops which makes their rubbish hands winning ones when they dont deserve anything. i am finding myself bleating cos i dont get a winning hand for over an hour. 62 hands on the trot was the worst. people didnt moan in the old days but now more and more people are dogging sky off and leaving . I am going to be one of them very soon cos i might as well throw my money into the street. i dont mind loosing money if i have a good time and its all fair. Its a game of chance some might say, yeh, no chance whatsoever for a decent player. Do something to make the odds different sky cos i love to play but this is bull!!!I totally agree with everything that fallen says above.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    You want Sky Poker to alter the cards?

Sky Poker "make rubbish cards win"?

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited January 2010
    If Sky Poker make rubbish cards win then I'm turning up at Luton SPT with my worst Top Trumps...
  • LONGPLAYLONGPLAY Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2010
    "I THOUGHT ONLINE CARD DEALING SYSTEMS ARE SUPPOSED TO REPLICATE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBABILITY, CHANCE, ETC"

the huge secrecy behind the software used by poker sites tells the story,a random "thing"  needs no secrecy behind it,poker sites have butchered this beautiful game for their own gain,i quit all interest in horse racing betting due to what bet.air did to that game and its a shame that poker has been tampered with in a similar way too. i have never played "live" poker but jeesh it must be refreshing to know that everything that happens is totally legit and "natural"
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    "I THOUGHT ONLINE CARD DEALING SYSTEMS ARE SUPPOSED TO REPLICATE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBABILITY, CHANCE , ETC" the huge secrecy behind the software used by poker sites tells the story,a random "thing"  needs no secrecy behind it,poker sites have butchered this beautiful game for their own gain,i quit all interest in horse racing betting due to what bet.air did to that game and its a shame that poker has been tampered with in a similar way too. i have never played "live" poker but jeesh it must be refreshing to know that everything that happens is totally legit and "natural"
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    There are many reasons for secrecy behind software. The most prevalent one is the "proprietary rights" relating to the software. If I (or my company) have spent resources developing a computer program/system then we are very unlikely to publish the details. This is an industry standard - a bit like the "recipe" for Coca Cola being a trade secret (supposedly).

Poker has not been tampered with - it has been brought to a mass online audience only a small part of which ever play it live. I, for one, am exceedingly pleased that it is available online.

I also cannot understand why you believe that "live" poker (a game that you have never, apparently, played) is totally legit. I am sure that some of the more seasoned players here could tell you tales that would soon make you change your opinion. Indeed, I think that some may have already been posted on this forum if you look for them.
    edited January 2010
    "I THOUGHT ONLINE CARD DEALING SYSTEMS ARE SUPPOSED TO REPLICATE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBABILITY, CHANCE , ETC" the huge secrecy behind the software used by poker sites tells the story,a random "thing"  needs no secrecy behind it,poker sites have butchered this beautiful game for their own gain,i quit all interest in horse racing betting due to what bet.air did to that game and its a shame that poker has been tampered with in a similar way too. i have never played "live" poker but jeesh it must be refreshing to know that everything that happens is totally legit and "natural"
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    How exactly do they gain?
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : There are many reasons for secrecy behind software. The most prevalent one is the "proprietary rights" relating to the software. If I (or my company) have spent resources developing a computer program/system then we are very unlikely to publish the details. This is an industry standard - a bit like the "recipe" for Coca Cola being a trade secret (supposedly). Poker has not been tampered with - it has been brought to a mass online audience only a small part of which ever play it live. I, for one, am exceedingly pleased that it is available online. I also cannot understand why you believe that "live" poker (a game that you have never, apparently, played) is totally legit. I am sure that some of the more seasoned players here could tell you tales that would soon make you change your opinion. Indeed, I think that some may have already been posted on this forum if you look for them.
    Posted by MereNovice
    "legit" meaning i assume a dealer has no "influence" on the dealt cards...from what you are saying this is not wholly true in live poker?
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : How exactly do they gain?
    Posted by Tikay10
    surely we do not have to go down the "the bigger the pot the bigger the rake the bigger the earnings for the site road again"  action flop/hand=larger betting=larger rake.
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : "legit" meaning i assume a dealer has no "influence" on the dealt cards...from what you are saying this is not wholly true in live poker?
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    I think that we can all agree that it would depend on the dealer. I am sure that the huge majority of this profession are exceedingly competent and fair - I can honestly say that I have never knowingly met a crooked one. However, many "cheaper" live games are self-dealt.
    On the other hand, I do know that the RNGs used by online poker sites cannot be bribed or influenced in any way.
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : surely we do not have to go down the "the bigger the pot the bigger the rake the bigger the earnings for the site road again"  action flop/hand=larger betting=larger rake.
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    Please do. Start with Tourneys, then SNG's & DYM's, then after that, we can discuss Cash hands, where the Rake is capped.

To be fair, if I had the degree of paranoi & mistrust of all things Sky Poker - as to everything they do it seems - that you appear to have, I'd not play here.

On Saturday, you once again suggested Total Player was improper, by saying "it makes the freemasons look normal", then described the selections as "predictable". (But nobody predicted the first 10 picks).

All these allegations from you, regularly, but as yet, you have never produced one shred of evidence.

edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Please do. Start with Tourneys, then SNG's & DYM's, then after that, we can discuss Cash hands, where the Rake is capped. To be fair, if I had the degree of paranoi & mistrust of all things Sky Poker - as to everything they do it seems - that you appear to have, I'd not play here.
    Posted by Tikay10
    the mistrust applies to all poker sites,sky is where i began the game and is barely worse or better than the other sites,if they all had forums i would be posting in exactly the same manner on them all making the same points and questioning the same things.

"a poker forum"...a forum for the posting of topics relating to poker?
    edited January 2010

In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : the mistrust applies to all poker sites,sky is where i began the game and is barely worse or better than the other sites,if they all had forums i would be posting in exactly the same manner on them all making the same points and questioning the same things. "a poker forum"...a forum for the posting of topics relating to poker?
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    Why would you play Online if all Poker Sites are not to be trusted?

The world's biggest online Site has dealt over 200 billion hands. Not once have they been been found guilty of any malpractice. 200 billion hands, & nobody has caught them out yet?

It's entirely fair to dicuss Poker on a poker forum. But you are saying Sky Poker - & thus the Staff here - are dishonest. What evidence have you got to that effect? Lay it on the Table.

FWIW, you have no right to say I, or we, are dishonest, unless you can produce some evidence. Throwing allegations around willy-nilly is not hard. But it's not clever, either, anyone can do it. Providing the evidence is the tricky bit.

Feel free to take the matter up with the Independent Regulators, too, they will be most interested if you have any evidence.

edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Why would you play Online if all Poker Sites are not to be trusted? The world's biggest online Site has dealt over 200 billion hands. Not once have they been been found guilty of any malpractice. 200 billion hands, & nobody has caught them out yet? It's entirely fair to dicuss Poker on a poker forum. But you are saying Sky Poker - & thus the Staff here - are dishonest. What evidence have you got to that effect? Lay it on the Table. FWIW, you have no right to say I, or we, are dishonest, unless you can produce some evidence. Throwing allegations around willy-nilly is not hard. But it's not clever, either, anyone can do it. Providing the evidence is the tricky bit. Feel free to take the matter up with the Independent Regulators, too, they will be most interested if you have any evidence.
    Posted by Tikay10
    regulators lol,i continue to play because i love the game in its natural state and unlike horse racing(where we have no say in the pre determined result) in poker you can still do well if you are aware of the "scenarios" that develop and play accordingly.

and lets not forget that the "worlds biggest online site" is owned by a wanted criminal for financial crimes  just for the record.
  • AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : You want Sky Poker to alter the cards? Sky Poker "make rubbish cards win"?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    TIKAY. I HAD NEVER READ NOR POSTED ANYTHING ON THIS FORUM BEFORE TODAY AND SINCE WRITING MY MESSAGE I HAVE READ DOZENS OF RESPONSES TO WHAT FALLEN AND MYSELF FEEL FRUSTRATED ABOUT. I FEEL A LOT BETTER ABOUT IT ALL AND HAVE PICKED UP SOME GREAT ADVICE AND FEEL THAT I CAN COMBAT THE TYPE OF PLAY THAT I HAVE BEEN MOANING ABOUT AND A FEW WAYS TO IMPROVE MY OWN GAME.

I DO NOT THINK THAT SKY DELIBERATELY SHOULD OR DOES SABBOTAGE MY OR ANY OTHER HANDS AND APOLOGISE TOTALLY FOR BLAMING SKY OR ANY OFFENCE CAUSED TO SKY STAFF.

I JUST SEEMS THAT SOMETIMES THE SELECTION OF CARDS BY THE COMPUTER SOFTWARE (PARTICULARLY RIVER ONES) SEEM TO FAVOUR A HAND THAT PERHAPS SHOULD HAVE A STATISTICALLY WORSE CHANCE OF WINNING AND A LOT OF PEOPLE MOAN ABOUT IT. I THINK THAT THE PROBABILITY (NOT 100%) SHOULD LEAN TOWARDS VERY GOOD HOLE CARDS WINNING AND IT DOESNT SEEM TO BE THE CASE. ITS JUST HOW I FEEL RATHER THAN THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE FACT.

I LOVE TO PLAY POKER AND REALLY FEEL THAT I HAVE IMPROVED. I WAS POSTING MY MESSAGE ON TILT LOL BECAUSE OF THE UNBELIEVABLY SAVAGE HANDS AND CALLS THAT I HAVE HAD LATELY. SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE WRITTEN WHILST PLAYING CASH GAMES THAT THEY BLAME SKY AND THEY ARE LEAVING FOR ANOTHER SITE WHICH MADE ME THINK THAT ITS ALL SKYS FAULT. I FOOLISHLY JUMPED ON THIS BANDWAGON AND NOW DONT BELIEVE IT AND WILL NOT LEAVE SKY. I WILL CHOOSE MY WORDS MORE WISELY IN FUTURE AND WILL CHAT RATHER THAN RANT. 
  • IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : TIKAY. I HAD NEVER READ NOR POSTED ANYTHING ON THIS FORUM BEFORE TODAY AND SINCE WRITING MY MESSAGE I HAVE READ DOZENS OF RESPONSES TO WHAT FALLEN AND MYSELF FEEL FRUSTRATED ABOUT. I FEEL A LOT BETTER ABOUT IT ALL AND HAVE PICKED UP SOME GREAT ADVICE AND FEEL THAT I CAN COMBAT THE TYPE OF PLAY THAT I HAVE BEEN MOANING ABOUT AND A FEW WAYS TO IMPROVE MY OWN GAME. I DO NOT THINK THAT SKY DELIBERATELY SHOULD OR DOES SABBOTAGE MY OR ANY OTHER HANDS AND APOLOGISE TOTALLY FOR BLAMING SKY OR ANY OFFENCE CAUSED TO SKY STAFF.   I JUST SEEMS THAT SOMETIMES THE SELECTION OF CARDS BY THE COMPUTER SOFTWARE (PARTICULARLY RIVER ONES) SEEM TO FAVOUR A HAND THAT PERHAPS SHOULD HAVE A STATISTICALLY WORSE CHANCE OF WINNING AND A LOT OF PEOPLE MOAN ABOUT IT. I THINK THAT THE PROBABILITY (NOT 100%) SHOULD LEAN TOWARDS VERY GOOD HOLE CARDS WINNING AND IT DOESNT SEEM TO BE THE CASE. ITS JUST HOW I FEEL RATHER THAN THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE FACT. I LOVE TO PLAY POKER AND REALLY FEEL THAT I HAVE IMPROVED. I WAS POSTING MY MESSAGE ON TILT LOL BECAUSE OF THE UNBELIEVABLY SAVAGE HANDS AND CALLS THAT I HAVE HAD LATELY. SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE WRITTEN WHILST PLAYING CASH GAMES THAT THEY BLAME SKY AND THEY ARE LEAVING FOR ANOTHER SITE WHICH MADE ME THINK THAT ITS ALL SKYS FAULT. I FOOLISHLY JUMPED ON THIS BANDWAGON AND NOW DONT BELIEVE IT AND WILL NOT LEAVE SKY. I WILL CHOOSE MY WORDS MORE WISELY IN FUTURE AND WILL CHAT RATHER THAN RANT. 
    Posted by AIRWALKER

after reading this,

i hope you do post more on here ,

heres 1 big fan of yours ,

for been so honest,

over and out roborover .