You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

My story

Comments

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: My story:
    In Response to Re: My story : :) Thanks for the reminder, I had totally forgotten 
    Posted by tomgoodun

I haven't.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,768
    edited May 2017
    how does it go again Tom :)
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    edited May 2017
    This being a grandad is hard work :)
    Dear daughter is finding it tough at present, I can remember when we had young children,and for any budding parent out there nothing can prepare you for the sheer b hard work 24/7 children are, but the absolute joy they bring outweighs the down times.
    Poker has been pretty rubbish lately ,my head seems to be a tad scrambled, dunno why, and on the odd occasion I'm playing ok variance dictates shoving with the best hand pre isn't the optimal line to take :)
    I have managed yet again to let my tablets run out , why do I do it when all it takes is a simple phone call to the chemist, put my order in and hey presto a couple of days later I can pick them up, it serves me right that I have been feeling pretty c rap for the past couple of days when I ran out last week...
    Great to see the lovely Tasha back posting, not so great on the reason why, hey ho. I feel partly responsible for bringing things down to the level it sank, I shall try to be more positive and harmonious , you know ..like posting I have run out of tablets for the umpteenth time type o thing, that'll get the good guys back posting ;)
    Sorry to see Jac is taking a break, His is one of the diaries I look at every day, hope he returns soon.
    Tired now.
    Be good x
    edited May 2017
    I was sent to gather lunch from the local food emporium yesterday, I heard a hollering of my name and could hardy recognise the football legend Charles ( better known as Mumsie on here), fresh no doubt from scoring a hat-trick he was on his way to the local refreshments bar who no doubt serve those isotonic drinks that the fitness gurus bang the drum about.
    He seemed to be half the an he was when he came round to fix our roof tiles, not only that, as an 'avid' reader of my ramblings he gave me some solid advice on how to get further in tournaments online, is there no end to this mans talents :) 
    Taking his advice on board I managed to FT the £3 rebuy last night, some consolation for re-buying twice and taking the add on, as Q 10 in my BB is never going to be good enough on a Q 10 10 flop.. ;)
    The only downside to making the FT was having to take out the beloved Jac35 when I got lucky with my QQ v his K 10 which tripped up ( I'm good at this poker chit chat) 
    Had a great rail which I let down rather badly when chip leader I decided to ignore the aforementioned great mans advice and shove with AJ v KJ , that hand and other badly played ones meant I was to finish 4 th, enjoyed it immensely though :)
    I'm still no 1 bathing grandad, Little Lucian seems to love his baths and tries to wriggle out of my hands and check if he can do the doggy stroke, he's no longer little and it may be a week or so before we have to part company with the baby bath and use the big one 
    Love to all x
  • markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited May 2017
    Well done on the £3+ FT Tom!
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Mark
    I do hope Charlie understands I was only pulling his leg :)
    Played 'some' poker last night, I really enjoy playing the Dtd games on Monday but......
    I have got into a certain routine in which Tournies I reg when I log on, I sort of go into auto pilot, reg the normal ones then just about manage to sit down to the £5 £1k gtd bh at 6:30, alls going well, even managed a couple of heads before the break at 6:55, nice and gentle start then....
    Dtd1 , PL08 bh, rewards freeroll ...
    Dtd2,3, Mini, Pl08 
    Methinks ^ is not optimal :)
    I hope I didn't hold too many folk up and please forgive me as I kept timing out on certain ones, I hope not to make the same mistake again ( I 100% will)
    I even managed to say hi to a few folk during the evening, Neenio said some really nice things, wished me well, I met Myna Frite ( could be mis-spelt ) a few weeks ago and he's a nice chap, he was on my bh table when I was hitting every flop, I was chip leader early doors, managed to bubble the FT so made a few shillings, made FT of one of the PL08 so was an ok night really.
    Dear daughter had a good day yesterday, hope things are turning the corner , she is visiting us this evening :)
    Be nice, have fun x
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,820
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the shout(s) out Tom , I do appreciate them. 

You can unquote the Avid.

If I thought you werent  joking,  It would be me and you, in the Rail, man to man , French sticks and all.

Good to see youve listened to my poker advice, which came directly  from me, quoting you.

Always a pleasure.
  • QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    edited May 2017
    Nice posts this week. You seem to be running good at the moment
    edited May 2017
    You know when you make a mistake, then the whole world ( world may be an exaggeration) seems to be against you?
    Well, not a mistake in the true sense of the word, more I was too lazy to re-order my tablets, then ordered them from chemist last Monday 3 days after I ran out...that's ok cod it only takes a couple of days for the 21st century technology to kick in and I can pick them up right?
    Wrong....I pick the very week when some ( probably 14yr old kid in their bedroom) persons unknown to hack the bloo day NHS which seems to have put my order in to the ether, gahhhhhh.
    In other news, my poker exploits have been going ok, more so in Pl08 than hold em, I reached the FT of the £200gtd bh with 89k chips and a few bounties, 2nd had about 18k, I think I may have had my unorthodox play head on, as during the tournament when it's best not to get involved with billy big stack when you have a biggish stack, I sort of played the total opposite :) Went on to win.
    Played the £3 rebuy last night, did ok, took a few heads then the worst thing that can happen did so, a good film came on TV , I wasn't paying too much attention to what stage the tourney was at and managed to be bubble boy :)
    Dear daughter is finding things really tough, I took her out food shopping yesterday, first time she has been out without her son for half an hour, didn't stop her ringing my good lady who was looking after him to ask if he was ok,.
    Great to see hhry posting his pre exploits on the road to Vegas , he's like marmite sure, but I'm a lover of his particular brand.
    Be safe x
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited May 2017
    You know when you make a mistake, then the whole world ( world may be an exaggeration) seems to be against you? Well, not a mistake in the true sense of the word, more I was too lazy to re-order my tablets, then ordered them from chemist last Monday 3 days after I ran out...that's ok cod it only takes a couple of days for the 21st century technology to kick in and I can pick them up right? Wrong....I pick the very week when some ( probably 14yr old kid in their bedroom) persons unknown to hack the bloo day NHS which seems to have put my order in to the ether, gahhhhhh. In other news, my poker exploits have been going ok, more so in Pl08 than hold em, I reached the FT of the £200gtd bh with 89k chips and a few bounties, 2nd had about 18k, I think I may have had my unorthodox play head on, as during the tournament when it's best not to get involved with billy big stack when you have a biggish stack, I sort of played the total opposite :) Went on to win. Played the £3 rebuy last night, did ok, took a few heads then the worst thing that can happen did so, a good film came on TV , I wasn't paying too much attention to what stage the tourney was at and managed to be bubble boy :) Dear daughter is finding things really tough, I took her out food shopping yesterday, first time she has been out without her son for half an hour, didn't stop her ringing my good lady who was looking after him to ask if he was ok,. Great to see hhry posting his pre exploits on the road to Vegas , he's like marmite sure, but I'm a lover of his particular brand. Be safe x
    Posted by tomgoodun

I could bore you with an essay on that, but cliffs it almost certainly was not a 14 year old in their bedroom, and the NHS was not targeted as such but certainly got hit harder than most due to the scale of its IT infrastructure and a lack of investment in it and the staff to keep everything up to date.

I can definitely empathise with dear daughter. I can remember how frought, tiring and stressful the first few weeks of parenthood are (exhilirating and rewarding too - not all bad). They are lucky to have you and Mrs Goodun on hand to help out.

edited June 2017
    I haven't played much poker lately, my dear daughter is in hospital, we are looking after our grandchild.
    My dear wife's mother was informed today the cancer is in her lymph nodes.
    I'm not posting this for sympathy, I try to see the good things in life, I try to stay positive, I try to keep a smile on my face.
    I would urge people to keep a sense of perspective, I'd love to go to Vegas, will I try to get the points for the last Vegas promo, dunno, if given the choice to go to Vegas or my dear daughter return home , my mother in law to not suffer? Easy decision isn't it.
    Return of SPT is great, I'd love to make it there, visit my family who live close by, maybe take dear daughter and grandson along, here's hoping.

Be patient x
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    edited June 2017
    Hi Tom
    Sorry to hear your family has been experiencing more run bad.
    I'm sure your positivity and love will help them, whatever problems they face.

A sense of perspective is something we all should have more of.

I am amazed at some of the posts I see around this place sometimes.

Best of luck to all the goodun family
  • weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,686
    edited June 2017
    sorry to hear your news tom hope things turn around for you and yours
    edited June 2017
    Hi Tom Sorry to hear your family has been experiencing more run bad. I'm sure your positivity and love will help them, whatever problems they face. A sense of perspective is something we all should have more of. I am amazed at some of the posts I see around this place sometimes. Best of luck to all the goodun family
    Posted by dragon1964
    Thank you, really appreciate your good wishes. Good luck on the felt.
    edited June 2017
    sorry to hear your news tom hope things turn around for you and yours
    Posted by weecheez1
    Thanks Harry, same to you my good man.
    edited June 2017
    I took the day off work today to attend a review at hospital, good news my daughter is now out and back with her family in her own home, lovely Lucian is coming along a treat, he definately speaks , he has said to me on numerous occasions " Take me to the park grandad" for a 6 week old that's pretty awesome ;)

Managed to fit some poker in on Saturday, FT a £3 PL08 tourney, lost heads up hey ho.

I'm getting a little bit excited about qualifying for the upcoming SPT, pretty sure my good lady will be ok with 'visiting' my sister who lives in Leigh ( about 13 miles away.

Due to my 'day off', my good lady wife has left me a list of things to do to keep me occupied, obv I will get bored during the few hours after the review, poker was not on the list :(
    Today I played 3 dym's, won 2 lost 1
    Now, best start on the list.
    Be good x
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,183
    edited June 2017
    I took the day off work today to attend a review at hospital, good news my daughter is now out and back with her family in her own home, lovely Lucian is coming along a treat, he definately speaks , he has said to me on numerous occasions " Take me to the park grandad" for a 6 week old that's pretty awesome ;) Managed to fit some poker in on Saturday, FT a £3 PL08 tourney, lost heads up hey ho. I'm getting a little bit excited about qualifying for the upcoming SPT, pretty sure my good lady will be ok with 'visiting' my sister who lives in Leigh ( about 13 miles away. Due to my 'day off', my good lady wife has left me a list of things to do to keep me occupied, obv I will get bored during the few hours after the review, poker was not on the list :( Today I played 3 dym's, won 2 lost 1 Now, best start on the list. Be good x
    Posted by tomgoodun

I think a revue at hospital would be fun.....really glad to hear things are looking up. 

Hope you get to SPT would be nice to go for a bite to eat with the boys, and I suppose playing poker might be ok too :-)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273
    edited June 2017
    Hi Tom Sorry to hear your family has been experiencing more run bad. I'm sure your positivity and love will help them, whatever problems they face. A sense of perspective is something we all should have more of. I am amazed at some of the posts I see around this place sometimes. Best of luck to all the goodun family
    Posted by dragon1964
    Amen to that, Dragon.

Some of the stuff I see on here makes me gasp.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273
    edited June 2017
    I haven't played much poker lately, my dear daughter is in hospital, we are looking after our grandchild. My dear wife's mother was informed today the cancer is in her lymph nodes. I'm not posting this for sympathy, I try to see the good things in life, I try to stay positive, I try to keep a smile on my face. I would urge people to keep a sense of perspective, I'd love to go to Vegas, will I try to get the points for the last Vegas promo, dunno, if given the choice to go to Vegas or my dear daughter return home , my mother in law to not suffer? Easy decision isn't it. Return of SPT is great, I'd love to make it there, visit my family who live close by, maybe take dear daughter and grandson along, here's hoping. Be patient x
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Sorry never commented before, Tom, it's been a bit hectic at my end lately.

Thoughts with you & your family as always.

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: My story : I think a revue at hospital would be fun.....really glad to hear things are looking up.  Hope you get to SPT would be nice to go for a bite to eat with the boys, and I suppose playing poker might be ok too :-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62

I'm game for a bite to eat.