You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

My story

Comments

• tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    edited March 2017
    Methinks it's time I posted an update on stuff.
    Mother in laws Chemo has been stopped due to having no effect, they have offered a 4 course radiotherapy treatment, sad times.
    Darling daughter is blooming, her consultant told her she is no longer on the list for a c section, good news, she is due to give birth on 8th April, my bday is the 11th, I don't want to share ;)
    I seem to have developed more 'old folk' mannerisms, I rang the florist yesterday to order flowers for my dear wife, now as a loving husband I am pretty adept at knowing her favourites.
    The young man on the phone went through my name, check, address, check, phone number , check, now what flowers would you like sir? Total mind blank, " Err, they are big and white", pretty descriptive huh, how can any florist worth their salt not know what I was talking about?
    So I put in an order tbc, sent the dear daughter a text who replied instantly with the words Lillies lol.
    Our weekly shopping experiance is also a pointer to my seemingly rapid decline when we spent more time in the incontinence isle than the veg one.....
    Poker is tough, even tougher when you have joined the ranks of the millions who discover 'The Walking Dead' is a great series. ( other series are available , but not as good) methinks I should stop trying to follow the plot whilst deciding whether to 3 bet pocket 8s to a raise and 2 calls ;)
    So there you have it dear reader, the ups and downs in a normal month for me.
    I should post more, special mention to Mr K, glad he is on the road to recovery.
    Be nice x
  • paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: My story:
    Methinks it's time I posted an update on stuff. Mother in laws Chemo has been stopped due to having no effect, they have offered a 4 course radiotherapy treatment, sad times. Darling daughter is blooming, her consultant told her she is no longer on the list for a c section, good news, she is due to give birth on 8th April, my bday is the 11th, I don't want to share ;) I seem to have developed more 'old folk' mannerisms, I rang the florist yesterday to order flowers for my dear wife, now as a loving husband I am pretty adept at knowing her favourites. The young man on the phone went through my name, check, address, check, phone number , check, now what flowers would you like sir? Total mind blank, " Err, they are big and white", pretty descriptive huh, how can any florist worth their salt not know what I was talking about? So I put in an order tbc, sent the dear daughter a text who replied instantly with the words Lillies lol. Our weekly shopping experiance is also a pointer to my seemingly rapid decline when we spent more time in the incontinence isle than the veg one..... Poker is tough, even tougher when you have joined the ranks of the millions who discover 'The Walking Dead' is a great series. ( other series are available , but not as good) methinks I should stop trying to follow the plot whilst deciding whether to 3 bet pocket 8s to a raise and 2 calls ;) So there you have it dear reader, the ups and downs in a normal month for me. I should post more, special mention to Mr K, glad he is on the road to recovery. Be nice x
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Hi tom my Birthday is the 9th of April my Nephew is the 10th of April,The same as is granddad Sorry to read about your Mother in law,Can I send my best wishes to all your family regards paige x
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,183
    edited March 2017
    Methinks it's time I posted an update on stuff. Mother in laws Chemo has been stopped due to having no effect, they have offered a 4 course radiotherapy treatment, sad times. Darling daughter is blooming, her consultant told her she is no longer on the list for a c section, good news, she is due to give birth on 8th April, my bday is the 11th, I don't want to share ;) I seem to have developed more 'old folk' mannerisms, I rang the florist yesterday to order flowers for my dear wife, now as a loving husband I am pretty adept at knowing her favourites. The young man on the phone went through my name, check, address, check, phone number , check, now what flowers would you like sir? Total mind blank, " Err, they are big and white", pretty descriptive huh, how can any florist worth their salt not know what I was talking about? So I put in an order tbc, sent the dear daughter a text who replied instantly with the words Lillies lol. Our weekly shopping experiance is also a pointer to my seemingly rapid decline when we spent more time in the incontinence isle than the veg one..... Poker is tough, even tougher when you have joined the ranks of the millions who discover 'The Walking Dead' is a great series. ( other series are available , but not as good) methinks I should stop trying to follow the plot whilst deciding whether to 3 bet pocket 8s to a raise and 2 calls ;) So there you have it dear reader, the ups and downs in a normal month for me. I should post more, special mention to Mr K, glad he is on the road to recovery. Be nice x
    Posted by tomgoodun

Is that North of The Isle of Wight?

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: My story : Is that North of The Isle of Wight?
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Having been there, I think it IS the Isle of Wight...
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,768
    edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: My story : Having been there, I think it IS the Isle of Wight...
    Posted by Essexphil
    the isle of dogs phil thats what you said aint it ;)
    nice blog Tom as always , love ya mate
  • day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    edited March 2017
    Walking Dead is such a good watch.

Sad times with your mom in law.

As always a great read.

edited March 2017
    I have an appointment this morning at the dentist, well it's not the dentist but the 'hygienist', when did they start the job share? Pretty sure dentists used to do the hygienists bit.
    Had a really nice weekend, my dear wife organised an Afternoon Tea at her mothers for Mothering Sunday, I even helped with the baking of assorted stuff, by ' helped' I mean I was the designated measurer of ingredients :)
    The first ingredient she asked me to measure was 100g of butter, she had scales and everything, I looked at the butter, concentrated on the length, and checked the weight (250g) and sliced a portion off, put it on the scales and to my utter delight and amazement it was bang on 100g ! ( small things )
    The day went really well, only marred by the absence of a couple of family members who don't get on with one of the sisters that made the effort to be there for her mum in what may possibly be her last Mothers Day.
    My Son is in Amsterdam at present, he is in his 20's as are his mates who have gone for a Birthday bash abroad, before he went he was telling us about the Tulip gardens and Van Gogh museum that are located in the vicinity, I think he was running a bluff to his mother who is a tad worried as to what aforementioned 20 yr olds will get up to :)
    Still in touch daily with dear daughter, no sign of little ' Tommy' yet.
    Peace and love to most x
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273
    edited March 2017
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Aah, thanks Tom.

I have reached the end of the road to recovery, gone straight ahead at the roundabout, & am now living life in the fast lane.
    He was a hard-headed man he was brutally handsome
    And she was terminally pretty
    She held him up and he held her for ransom
    In the heart of the cold, cold city
    He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude
    They said he was ruthless said he was crude
    They had one thing in common: they were good in bed
    She'd say, "Faster, faster. "The lights are turning red."
    Life in the fast lane Surely make you lose your mind
    Life in the fast lane

edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: My story : Aah, thanks Tom. I have reached the end of the road to recovery, gone straight ahead at the roundabout, & am now living life in the fast lane. He was a hard-headed man he was brutally handsome And she was terminally pretty She held him up and he held her for ransom In the heart of the cold, cold city He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude They said he was ruthless said he was crude They had one thing in common: they were good in bed She'd say, "Faster, faster. "The lights are turning red." Life in the fast lane Surely make you lose your mind Life in the fast lane  
    Posted by Tikay10
    classic eagles top top band  my dads favourites too
    edited April 2017
    Blimey , my ramblings are hard to find in a buzzing forum.
    Had a lovely weekend, nice weather helps. Bbq yesterday with the family, darling daughter is still hanging on to her pregnancy, she's getting rather tired of being in the family way and would like little "Tommy" to show his face sooner rather than later.
    Poker was going a tad poorly the last few weeks, then I won a couple of Tournies and my balance is back where I like it to be.
    Railed a good friend in the Vegas freeroll last night, I was on his table for a while, didn't stop him raising my bb :)
    He went out to a brutal beat, showed his class though by wishing all g luck, unlucky Lmfaoallin, better luck next time.
    I shared something to the group I am in this week, it was difficult for me, the responses I got overwhelmed me, to say these guys are awesome is an understatement, I have met just two of them but the camaraderie is wonderful, I am blessed., we live in scary times and when I read of all the hate in the world it makes me feel humbled by the messages of support and love.

I hope to be a grandad this time next week.

Peace all. X
    edited April 2017
    Well, where do I start.
    Darling daughter almost 2 weeks overdue to give birth, she went into hospital on Thursday, and guess what ? I'm now a grandad :) So happy.
    Both Mother and Son are doing ok, My good lady and I have been to visit a couple of times, love at first sight exists :)

Poker wise, I was on a bit of a downswing a couple of weeks ago, managed to FT a few tournaments, even winning a couple so I may be purchasing baby stuff for the foreseeable.
    I haven't been able to play much of the Ukops unfortunately, what with my self imposed 3 day week, plus the comings and goings to visit dear daughter, plus we are dog sitting at present, her lovely pug doesn't understand the concept of " Please don't put the ball under the settee, it will get stuck" I think she knows what she is doing really and just wants to see an old man scrabbling on the floor desperately trying to get up after retrieving aforementioned ball for the 10th time, she may have a smile on her face every time :(
    We have lots of visitors coming today, so I regged a few of the mini Ukops last night, was running well in the £3 rebuy, sorry to see some had trouble re-buying. I was hopeful of taking it down, managed to FT, eventually fin 3rd. Well played to the other 2. who knows, we may get a mention in the great blogs that Mr.K. Is writing, would make my day :)
    Long day ahead, be good all. X
  • ajmiltonajmilton Member Posts: 1,458
    edited April 2017
    Congratulations, Grandpa lad, 
    Pleased to hear that Mum and baby are ok 
  • paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    edited April 2017
    Congratulations Granddad and Grandmother are you ready for the baby sitting xxx
  • weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,686
    edited April 2017
    Well, where do I start. Darling daughter almost 2 weeks overdue to give birth, she went into hospital on Thursday, and guess what ? I'm now a grandad :) So happy. Both Mother and Son are doing ok, My good lady and I have been to visit a couple of times, love at first sight exists :) Poker wise, I was on a bit of a downswing a couple of weeks ago, managed to FT a few tournaments, even winning a couple so I may be purchasing baby stuff for the foreseeable. I haven't been able to play much of the Ukops unfortunately, what with my self imposed 3 day week, plus the comings and goings to visit dear daughter, plus we are dog sitting at present, her lovely pug doesn't understand the concept of " Please don't put the ball under the settee, it will get stuck" I think she knows what she is doing really and just wants to see an old man scrabbling on the floor desperately trying to get up after retrieving aforementioned ball for the 10th time, she may have a smile on her face every time :( We have lots of visitors coming today, so I regged a few of the mini Ukops last night, was running well in the £3 rebuy, sorry to see some had trouble re-buying. I was hopeful of taking it down, managed to FT, eventually fin 3rd. Well played to the other 2. who knows, we may get a mention in the great blogs that Mr.K. Is writing, would make my day :) Long day ahead, be good all. X
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Brilliant news Tom gl and run good
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,183
    edited April 2017
    Massive Congrats Grandpa, so happy the baby decided to arrive without using the 'bouncing ball technique' :-).....
    edited April 2017
    congrats Tom give my best regards to the mum and dad hope they sleep well ;)
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,299
    edited April 2017
    Congrats on your good news Tom. WP and UL last night . Was suprised to see you in 3rd with that chipstack you had
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,432
    edited April 2017
    Congratulations Tom.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,820
    edited May 2017
    Brilliant stuff. The boys got your Vegas story to look forwad to :)

edited May 2017
    Brilliant stuff. The boys got your Vegas story to look forwad to :)
    Posted by mumsie
    :) Thanks for the reminder, I had totally forgotten