You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

hope this horses to follow list, might help a few of the punters

Comments

• Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    getting every scrap, of punting value
    Courses through my veins!
    Just kicked off, don't miss out, 43 mins left to use
    Be lucky, best wishes, as ever, All everyone.. Paul J

• Options
    No value FIRE ATTACK at 10-3!
    Add 7.32 points WIN, at 9-2 everywhere
    Punchestown Sunday 14.00
  • Options
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,316
    So much in common although Im a bit older as for GUY HARWOOD and PROVIDEO , big favourites of mine as well. Followed Bill O 'Gorman and Tony Ives very closely.

As an aside the trainer JEREMY HINDLEY ran the Newmarket Charity Day for a few years and you always knew you would get a couple of nice priced winners of his on that day.
  • Options
    All the best Vaigret, always and forever.
    Do please (excuse)
    I will keep this, racing betting, Gpc70 and I same Manor, and we have a bit of poker, banter!
    Gpc70 is 100% real proper chap.
    Don't know, if he thinks same about me, but, any of the racing ladies and gents, we will go racing, hopefully soon, I will buy the drinks, I am the biggest self depricating 'idiot' you will ever meet, what I have knowledge of, I share, and, I am an intent listener, rather than the perceived 'talk idiot'

Gpc, and I, have an age gap
    Me 55 (Oct 1965)

Gpc,I knew Colin Hudd (and the rest, very very well)
    gp, our second Sportsman's wager,... 1st is, Under Wraps wins two handicaps by end June!
    2nd wager, sportsman's,..
    I, first, dancing boots on, got into ( Flicks Dartford, Oct 5th 1979) age 14! looked way older, then, It was one of the BEST PLACES.. really was, what year, you first step in DOOR? bet 1990 + never went, ever, after late 80s..👍
    Ps, this was A HUGE MULTI LEVEL NIGHT CLUB 1979..
    Superstar DJ Colin Hudd (pj apprentice)
    Billion % real,..forgot the other place, MARLOWE ROOMS SIDCUP 👍

• Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    Flick's was early mid 90s for me,Marlowe rooms a bit later then they changed name to plastic red and from there downhill rapido from your days in the Marloe did you no a fellow called Dave with the nickname swingurpantsdave?he would be in his 60s now but what a character.
  • Options
    Gpc,
    We catch up tomorrow..
    Punting first..
    R McNally yard, sharper than sharpest Pin
    Think DREAL DEAL & THE JAM MAN
    they, had it off Rotten, for years,
    In two months, since Dreal Deal won 20s, only 2 runners (both unplaced) but at 200-1 etc no surprise.
    Tomorrow if Punchestown race
    15.30 THE TRIGGER, not just because trained by McNally, this won 5 from 8 this season, and its doing the Chase Hurdles switch back, that angle, for years, chasers back to hurdling been usually way overlooked, and often VALUE
    what price this
    THE TRIGGER?
    20-1 (yes I know PP) but, to me worth 2.5 points each way at 20-1 a fifth 1 2 3 4 5
    have a fantastic weekend, All.
    Ironic Gpc, the Golden Jacket semis running at Crayford, tonight!

• Options
    maybe I've gone at the game
    Golden Jacket semi, running in 5 mins,
    If? I've gone, I apologise,..
    5% per runner 130% book, oh to be a bookmaker again,front 3 take 105%

• Options
    They bet very tight at Crayford like the bends riddic,
  • Options
    Morning All

Every day that's a new day is a blessing
    The Trigger been pulled out, non runner so a line through that
    FIRE ATTACK runs, I will be a very interested observer, it still has multiple Chelts hcap entries, so will watch with interest, backed it twice yesterday
    I looked through entries for the next 5 days, weather dependent obviously, but off my follow list, we have, ZARAFSHAN, MAROWN, PORT OF MARS, FIRE ATTACK...

As, I want, over time gpc70 to ellavate misterpj from ok Punter! to French Mustard Punter, I add, and give each of you, another GEM

get a cuppa, and go watch a horse called SHANG TANGS last run over the sticks, twas recent, forget the other runners, fix like glue, on SHANG TANG only throughout, it's the opposite of a cheating ride, it's a run that has future winner stamped all over it! SHANG TANG EMMA LEVELLE. and she give it an entry Feb 19th.

Not that it matters, either way, ages ago, elsewhere, I advised a bet on one, 20s down to 4s,it ran like a hairy goat, and l got dogs abuse of one or two! who obviously were not, are not proper punters, all fair in love war and punting, but I don't select my bets by sticking a pin in!

I myself just rewatched SHANG TANGS last run, never mind the winner by a distence THE COB, can see that rocking up in a Chelts hcap, sometimes through race reading, you can just tell a horse, is in rude health, on fantastic terms with itself, and as fit as a butchers dog. Before you make a judgement, factor in this, SHANG TANGS run behind the cob, 3m and a bit, on that going, and given a beautiful ride, cruised into contention, and more so treated considerately when not going to win. Miss Lavelle got this entered 2m 4f Fakenham Feb 19th,perfect! and a Novice Hurdle, wish I owned SHANG TANG, an exiting horse, but it will all come down to, what price!

reminds me, Dave Nevo Boodog Nevison, was right, after Eddie the Shoe taught him, 'I fancy nothing, ever, until I know what price I can get, apt, true, if' ya get me! '

Today's bets, as posted, and next week's bets, and like Arnie
    I' ll be back, might add one more bet today, if so I post within next hour
    Best Of pj

• Options
    short sweet simple
    backed it lto
    Today Exeter 14.10
    5 points win 7-2 (in 4 places at 11.45) as short as 11-4 elsewhere
    KILLER KANE 5 points win 7-2

and,having Poured over the Champion Chase, sometimes a bet, just keeps staring you in the face
    even better, with the bookmaker we all like taking a, few shillings off WH
    12-1 each way a fifth 1 2 3, five points ew NUBE NEGRA, 12s is a rude rude price, 8s general!
  • Options
    win lose or draw at least your on at a price trading around 2/1 now
  • Options
    can't get it correct, every time, that's the punting life! Gpc, of course trading, always, but impossible for the purposes of this, getting into laid 3-4 off total stake back at 2s, course I did, always do, you know the coup.

FIRE ATTACK, now comes of my follow list
    Money down, 9-2 > 2-1 sp 5-2 obviously trying for its life, cruised up to dispute lead, thought it wins between the last 2,clouts the last, good nite Vienna!

'we just got to keep being on live ones'

very self explanatory reasons, a reet collection that remain untold.
    working backwards, Tom Segal, Nick Fox (rip) Henry Rix, Mel Collier,Nick Mordin but the bloke who had it all, and lost a lot of it, was Mark Cotton
    Journalist, writer Punter.

In 1996, Mark decided enough is enough, had a published 'rant' in the racing post, turned his back on betting, racing and on a whim, left the smoke with a bag and his dog, headed to St Ives, where I hope he still enjoys long walks on beautiful Cornish Beaches?

Mark was a pure lateral thinker, so was Nick Mordin, Mark was 'pricewise' but he was 'onto it' from 1985 and rinsed it for a decade. Segways into Placepots!
    And it was, a horrendous last leg losing placepot, that finished Mark off, in 1996.
    Now, he had listened to me, Victor Chandler would always lay you, any sort of hedging bet, without going into all the facts and figures, let's say, after deductions (tote, now 27%) pool take out, after 5 races, you know exactly what's in the pool, for example dividend has to be huge, 20 tickets (units) left, one race left, 6 runners, 2 places, your perm owns ten of those 20 units, and, every horse, 1 2 3 4 5 6 and the unnamed favorite has those 20 units divided between them, you have the market front 3, one can place, two can place, or all 3 unplaced, but, when it's for a potential life changer, you simply must hedge, simplistic example of what happened, anyone one of the 3 horses (yours) places 1st or second, must pay £30,000, any 2 of 3 places gaurentee minimum £40,000, non of the 3,and your bet worth a big zero!
    VC way back back were well known, the boss was, smart fella that's why Tony Bloom worked for VC, yes he did, cricket trader, (and football) Gib. Anyone done business with starlizard? Camden.

'Victor, I need a price, horses xyz in the 17.10 Taunton to be unplaced, 6 runner race, Victor asks why? explain, so how much do you want? £15,000 hedge, Victor says yes please! You can have a £15,000 to £8,000 on, those three, none to place, and on' credit and your word'
    hedge, insure, exactly how it was, way way back.

I had a very decent win, on a Sedgefield placepot, ages ago, first leg, odds on hotpot out the frame, no fav race 2,no fav race 3,race 4,vivid vivid memory, the winner 10 clear 12-1,the 2nd 10 clear 22-1 that was over the last, I had 2 in leg 4, a 10-1 shot and an 8-15 hotpot, the 8-15 shot about 30 lengths behind, out on its feet, 'all I needed was my 10-1' chance to get over the last hurdle, ground was bottomless, they were walking, guess the rest, punting agony from a placepot perspective, got through the leg, with the 8-15 chance, cruised through the next two races, dividend to a £1 unit stake £2433, if that 10-1 chance had stood up at the last, add a zero to the dividend,the reason I know that specifically, always follow the live tote pool, to this day, you can hedge, bet placed off course, Ladbrokes, Portsmouth, the upstairs shop at the top end of Pompey High Street near the ferry terminals.
    Had a good a pick up, to warrant a celebration, but, that was One That Got Away! from a serious celebration.
    Told this before, only once, there was, at the time, a huge 'angle' off course cash perm placepots in the Lbos, on a carbonated betting betting slip, should you wish to do, 6x6x6x6x6x6 and add un named return favs, every leg for half pennies, quarter pennies, you could, and non of the monies went into the tote on course pool, neither did hitting a big win affect the dividend, but, the 'angle was in the stake (unit) and written instructions, still makes me smile, I kid ye not, at the time even a Premium Rate 0898 tipster in the Sporting Life & Post running The Placepot line, it was hilarious!

Alan The Anorack 'Sizing Potts' old school pro punter, wrote a few punting books, Inc Against The Crowd, an 80s? win on the tote for over 40k got him started! and he hedged a bit of the last leg with V. C.

• Options
    Monday Feb 15th
    can't wait until its Monday March 15th! Chelters Eve

Laura Morgan yard been red hot, ratio winners runners at prices, and big priced placed horses,for nearly 7 weeks
    14.20 Warwick today No 7 HASENKEY 12-1
    2 1/2 points each way a fifth odds 1 2 3 4 5 with the generous WH 12-1

If you fancy picking up a free white fiver! Skybet leave one on the pavement!

Skybet only
    Warwick 15.25
    No 1 PAUL'S SAGA 10 win at 4-7 because, (A) its a 4-9 shot (B) see the Skybet offer, money back as cash, if second offer, in essence, a free bet at top odds, 4-9 in 3 places, elsewhere, with money back if beaten into 2nd. MAX ALLOWED £10

• Options
    Be grateful to anyone who can 'dig up' a recording of a full race
    race 8th March 2004 Fontwell 14.40
    was a four runner class 5 beginners chase
    This still picture all I have, and does not do 'justice' to the 'full events'

This race

A more accurate description, of the actual happenings, Ice Saint opened 2-1 joint fav, ring bookies couldn't knock it out fast enough (all rates to 9-2) a few, seemed to know it should be 1000-1.
    Flags up and there off, never mind 'ran wide' steered wide a better description! so wide it almost ran off the track, and then, 'is that the jockey going out the side door? no, he is back in the saddle, but, his styrup length! what pro jockey race rides with styrups set that length!
    Then, it played out in slow motion as per the picture.

Plus, the court case

• Options
    Very decent 'free bet-trading opp' from skybet, especially as all Chelts, with skybet non runner no bet, they might let you have a £20 and hours later another £20,usually the way it is.

• Options
    any betting day that returns a profit, can't ever be a bad day.

skybets racing traders, certainly not fools, and they do get Intel, noticed they are very warm about a good few of Chemical Nickys! the SHISKIN price push-boost of a week or so ago made me raise an eyebrow, not backed it, and no interest, the traders either had a strong opinion or inkling bout Paul's Saga today (not Hendos) 4-9 > 4-7 big drifter, sp Evens 2nd,but zero damage done, as per offer.

Haneksay placed, 12-1 > 7-1 front rank and bang there 2 out, but 2.5 ew a fifth 1 2 3 4 5, returns, a, 3.5 point profit on day
    All bets, running + 53.50 points

Origenal list, Inc ZARAFSHAN, which I posted as a horse to follow, gets a run tomorrow
    Kempton 16.25
    backing it, this way, its 3-1 a quarter 1 2
    2.5 points win at 3-1 and 3 points each way a quarter 1 2

Here is what you will read, in racing press

And tonight 'Matthew'
    I'm going to be;
    80s winning machine hunter chaser FLYING ACE
    (always ridden by miss D Calder (7lb)
    and
    90s all weather jumper phenom SULUK 18 wins from 20 runs lifetime (when all weather jumping at Southwell) one of those losses, 3 runners, beat at 1-14!
    And next week 'Matthew' it will be my Dandy Nicholls tribute,
    Chaplins Club and SOBA 👍
  • Options
    Laura Morgan barn run 3 tomorrow

the one of interest
    Catterick 15.35
    stable debut in a NH flat race for a horse that hacked up in a, point to point
    7-2 everywhere, take 5 points each way 1 2 3
    7-2 a fifth odds
    FOR FITZ SAKE

won its Alnwick ptp in Dec 2020 on soft by 7 lengths, could have been 17 lengths!, nothing to jump tomorrow, stamina laden
    Morgan yard very warm at present.

Add, 1 point each way double ZARFASHAN 3-1 FOR FITZ SAKE 7-2
    1 2 a quarter 1 2 3 a fifth

Over and out Captain, be lucky pj

• Options
    Grab this, quick
    Catterick 14 45 THE SOME DANCE KID
    2.5 points each way at 14-1 a quarter 1 2
    Available now, but not for long

• Options
    On 'form' not a scooby
    wind surgery, very lightly raced, but, it does have course and distence winning form just prior the wind surgery, and why? being backed off the boards

ZARFASHAN advised last night at 3s,currently 5-4 😉
    FOR FITZ SAKE advised last night at 7-2 currently 5-2😉
    THE SOME DANCE KID advised at 14s.....?