You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

hope this horses to follow list, might help a few of the punters

Comments

• Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Master Oats!
    Royale Pagaille
    wrote this, on this thread, Jan 15th

when, you get it Right! but Wrong, a million now, wont run next Sat, but delirious with todays run, 50s for the Gold Cup, dont look silly now!

Quoted straight after the race
    16s Gold Cup!
    Bet 6. 10 points win 6-4 Royale Pigaille + Plus 15 ( no B. O. G., no bother) sp 11-5
    Bet 7. 5 points win 6-1 Royale Pigaille to win (hacking πŸ˜‰) 10 lengths +Won, hacking! 16L + 30 pts

Running, all bets, + 12.00 points.

Bet 8. Jerrysback
    pj, wrote this..

Ran an absolute SCREAMER, nearest finish 3rd 12-1 sp 8-1
    not run,in a year and a half!
    3 points each way a fifth 1 2 3 4, + 4.2 points

Running, all bets, + 16.2 points

love racing, have, since the 'old man' let me have? (pre decimal) penny Yankees! from the paper round monies, Grittar 82 National had pj walking on air
    Dancing Brave (Starkey) killed me, Pat Eddery (rip) resuscitated pj King George & Arc
    'Pat' killed pj! El Gran Senor.. memories, worth more than money.

Bet 9. 'we got the value' Buveir.. 11-8 sp 8-11, cant 'eat' value..!
    16 points win 11-8, 2nd 8-11
    4 seconds, on the day! 9-2 sp 9-2 sp 9-4 sp 8-1 sp & 8-11 sp and an ew third 12-1 > 8-1 Jerry's ran a belter

running ALL BETS + 0.2 point!

Immense First Flow, superb K Bailey D Bass well done

Bet 10.
    Politolougue 20 points 5-4
    Waiting Patiently 12 points 5-2

all bets, running - 31.8

On the day
    5 2nds! 9-2 9-2 9-4 11-8 > 8-11 5-4
    2 3rds! 12-1 > 8-1 & 5-2
    thats racing, and still, too add, minus (a, million to run now!) 20 points ew Royale at 10s,for next Sat's Skybet (sick!, but happy)
    Best of luck, everyone, pj, confident, we get a nice profit figure,.. Soon πŸ‘
  • Options
    The Skybet Chase, formerly the Great Yorkshire
    is the big listed 3m race, next weekend

I (pj) biased,! 20 points each way at 10s 1 2 3 4 5! stealing monies πŸ˜‰
    If, I owned it, and, if Royale bucking and kicking tomorrow, I would run, in rude rude health, won on the bridle, doing handsprings

and they bet, at 4pm Sat

• Options
    every single bet, as advised, in pj's Portfolio

Well, it hasnt yet' bolted up in the above' (yet)
    pj retains a slender hope the owner says, let's go for it, as it didn't turn a hair, in that demolition canter, yesterday what a scintillating performence

Cheltenham 6 weeks away, yippee

Royale now as short, as 8s for the Gold Cup

everything, nothing left out.

Β€ Marown Β€ got an entry, Catterick Wed's in a class 3, doubt it will run, but didn't think it had that much of a hard race yesterday, in fact thought plenty left in the tank, second, to a good punted winner, and not beat far. Told everyone, its way better than its official rating (pre yesterday)

Got one bet for you, today.

Certainly don't bet, in very many class 6 handicaps, especially when the bet has a 6lb female claimer on its back!
    However, she is decent, impossible not to be, when Mick Easterby is your grandad.

Bet is nice and early
    Lingfield 12.40
    Racecard No 1 Melgate Majeure
    Danny Brook trainer ( Henry Brooks brother) Joanna Mason (jockey) 6lb claimer
    yard taught by Easterbys! defacto.... this Melgate Majeure has not travelled from Yorkshire to Leafy Lingfield for ' a bit of fresh air'
    this Melgate Majeure, has just 'gone click' strike while the iron is HOT, half to two thirds, in this effective Seller, are in Dire form
    my only bet, of the day, is this

Melgate Majeure 12 points win 11-4 with BOG in 2 places
    Violet Lads 2 points win 7-1 standout with BOG in 1 place
    1 point reverse forecast, those two
  • Options
    must add!
    yes, I know Lingfield is all weather! can practically see the track from home
    Snow falling, snowballs size of Duck Eggs, right now!
  • Options
    safe transit, to and from the track, a travel nightmare for all concerned
    17 non runners, thus far
  • Options
    blimey Joanna
    **** of a journey home
    that, does not know its had a race
    nearest finish, full of running, bet 2-5 that's turned out pretty quickly
  • Options
    wrote the word, h. ell of a, journey home
  • Options
    P. s

the in running Halcyon days, are 20 years ago

You are not, on a level playing field

Long range, long odds ante post betting, best method these days

• Options
    will try, every Monday, to do my own little 'tribute' to a legendary racing journalist, who was a real real character, and in reality, was leader of a 'gang of characters'
    40 years ago, aged 15, zero school after 13 (real)
    You would have found misterpj almost daily, exiting Charing Cross Station, usually no ticket required! and in a few minutes, arrive in either, Brewer Street Leicester Square Little Newport Street Poland Street Covent Garden China Town etc, the 'Hub' was the area around the Soho Street Fruit Market, bustling always, overlooked by the famous Raymond Revue Bar.

In that Square Mile, there were more LBOs, Betting Shops legal and otherwise than you could shake a stick at, 'card schools, snooker hustlers, everywhere' and characters plenty, and various.

The 'wide eyed' cockney kid, stood out like a sore thumb, but quickly loved it, after (a) snagging daily 'work' cash! on the busiest fruit n veg stall in Soho (Mr T Osbournes) big punting character.
    Can remember this, like yesterday, and all from 15 years old, it seemed, in that Square Mile, there were more, serious punters, hustlers, very wealthy characters and gamblers, Inc many racehorse and cherry hog (dog owners) Several made it legit, in the rag trade, all knew, this man

who's modus operandi was usually, propping up a bar, Sporting Life Broadsheet open, betting on a credit account, and asking for a 'borrow'

Way to many characters, to name, but Leslie Les Garret (ragtrade man) racehorse owner betting daily, Β£500 ew cash, common, this is 1980! and Mr Polly, with his worry beads, always immaculate beyond immaculate, a George Clooney ringer, the ladies drawn like a magnet, Mr Polly was minted beyond minted, would punt every single bags dog race heavy, every day, loved through the card, reverse forecast doubles, 1-2 6-5, this fella, no matter if he did his conkers, all week, and was grands behind, any decent pick up, Β£500 + meant a very decent gratuity, and that was a regular occurrence. Then there was the Hat Man & Ron
    Hat Man, owned a tailors, Ron, a fantastic West Indian fella was a tailor, worked for Hat Man,Ron loved a punt, Ron was always getting PJ designer clobber, for bout 10% of retail, ask no questions! at 15, 1980 Fila Bjorn Borg was retailing Β£200 Harrods, for a tracky, Gabbicci with the Gold Gee emblem, Farahs! we're the Boss slacks! pj looked sharp, 16,17,18 this life, the one being described, was addidictive, and why PJ was not England's Ronaldo 1982 >! wasted it.
    these were men, who punted massive, and only because, at 15 I knew, all the tic tac, how to stake, reverse forecast doubles, how many races in an instant, and, at the time, was **** bent on taking either, Vernon's, Littlewoods, Zetters, for a chunk, for 24 points, 8 score draws on the coupon, the weekly football pools, was a main event newspaper front page thing! Viv Nicholson, met her as well. Hat Man, was a bit special, he might only bet, once, every two months, how and where, he got the info, never ever found out, secretive, was an understatement, but, over about 3 years, probably no more than 35 bets, at least 30,31 won, and not shorties, remember that, so so well, because after the first 8 or 9 winners, maybe over a year, I told my old man about this fella, and from that point, for a marvelous 2 years, my old man (my dad punted all his life) so what chance did I ever have! was in dreamland with me passing on this info.
    Of which, I remember it was a Saturday, Hat Man had a lump, each way, on an uraced 2yo that was put in at 33s bar, bolted up by 4 lengths, sp 25-1 Punting Heaven, wish to God could remember its name, something like, The River Spy (spey?)
    Also, remember a Ron Sheather trained colt, Chief Singer, the boys had it off royal, on that more than once. Bull of a horse. For the first time,in over 35 years, just rewatched this, made the hairs on my neck, stand up, Chief Singer bolting up in the 1983 Coventry at Ascot, even better Sir Peter Osullivan commentating, tell me, you have ever seen, a more gorgeous imposing, dark black bull of a colt, with a white blaze, in Google
    Chief Singer racehorse
    video is almost top of search, left hand side.

Would love to have this picture, hanging on my wall.

Must do the accounts

after Saturday, minus 31.8 points
    add yesterday's bet, Violet was a non runner
    Melgate Majuere, hmm, watched that back again, this morning, if turned out quickly, no entries, that must be only 'lent' 12 points win, plus the 1 point rev, = equals 14
    = minus 44.8
    plus,as much as it pains me
    Royale Pagaille 20 each way for the Skybet, got to add it in the ledger as a loser, not a chance it runs,even though it would win from here, to The Town Hall
    = minus 84.8

more I look at Royale, more intrigued I become, want a conspiracy!!!

Tony K, my spelling grammar is atrocious, I know that (school, lack of!, brain not to Shabby!)
    So I suffer from, not ability to transfer words as said in mind, to written etc.

Royale Pagaille.. **** Francis Novel?
    Venittia (pj always fancied Venittia rotten!) Aston Martin driving Posh Mature.
    Venittia only had Royale, fraction over a year, it was in France, the Riccis own it, why it not go to W Mullins? Royale has run 5 times, in a year, last of 2 in a 2 horse race, last of 3 in a 3 horse.. then this,... is this animal, the Ghost of Arkle?

Only for those, who enjoy a bit of racing 'history' fun and games
    And I hold the bible and swear The Oath, this is Gospel

reason that, is so easy, is it involves a fa (in) famous trainer, from a renowned racing family, had, past tense one of the most, desirable, magical, historic racing yards that is
    (was) legend. said individual and I, super glue tight and trusted best pals for decades, Inc in two racing Meccas overseas, that are both long haul. Yes, it is a bit ' Vintage',think back to a certain Big Mac, that would be the Morning Line Betting Guru Mr John McCririck rip
    back in the days, where on course tic tac was 'Art' and code, and in Big Mac speak..
    this 'rag' with six duck eggs 0000-00 from the *×°°*** yard, has been smashed off the boards, double carpet this morning (33-1) into Ruof.. (4-1) and its won pulling a cart.
    the above sentence, is not what I was going to take the Oath On, it's the paragraph below, but as its Verbatim, Oath on the above, and the below.

At a specific track, I cannot and won't name, this is three decades ago, the clerk of the scales weighed out-weighed in scales, ie the weighing room, had something no more than a very small handful of superglue tight lipped ingenious - genius folk knew about.
    AND was only used, ever, on a few occasions.
    This is not, an Urban Legend or Folklore tittle tattle, its a Verbatim fact.
    Directly underneath those specific scales, was a tiny, think lateral, erm?
    El Chapo's fav escape method.
    A back in the day, gamble, or two, might have been landed, with horses that thought they were running loose in the paddock, carrying nowt! rather than an allocated anchor, of top weight.
    'Weighed Out Correctly' ' Weighed in Correctly' nothing to see, nothing to report, gamble landed.!

• Options
    talking of Ringers..

Flockton Grey Good Hand Inc Mr Richardson and the Easterbys, Aiden the genius O'brien had a bit of local difficulty recently, wrap on nuckles, for horse A running as horse B, and horse B running as horse A, got me thinking, wonder if that's happened, ever before 😏

• Options
    Ooops
    so deep in memories, forgot most important thing

1 bet, today

Plumpton 14.20
    Racecard Number 2
    Brewers Project
    its come a long way, think it will be going home, in the horsebox, with a 1st next to its name.
    standout 11-4, 12 points win, 11-4 in one place, 9-4 General, that 11-4 is with BOG, if you can get on
  • Options
    very obviously, subject to racing taking place
    Saturday Cheltenham

10 decs
    can't see 10 turning up!
    Stand Out Price 6-1 much shorter else where
    If you back it now, a fifth odds a place 1 2 3
    15 points each way at 6-1
    SAINT CALVADOS
    the 6s is with one of the big bookmakers

Nicholls horse yday, non runner
  • Options
    add Cheltenham Sat 30th
    Brian Hughes booked for
    Kauto Rico
    14-1 10 points each way a quarter 1 2 3 Skybet

• Options
    Wednesday
    Lingfield & Kempton

If? you could only pick, one English flat trainer to back runners, from one yard only, who would you choose. Myself, it would be no contest, happen to think he has very live, Derby & Oaks chances, nestling safely at Clarehaven, but that's for the future.What is always gaurenteed with this fellas runners, is, placed supremely, and they all run fit, and trying, save for I will add this, first time 2yos always run on their merits, but are never knocked about.

How about today, runs 3,backing 3

Kempton 16.45
    No 9 UNDER WRAPS ( may do better?, Will do better 😏)
    20 points WIN 9-4 standout and available price, in one place, (365) 2s & 15-8 elsewhere

Kempton 17.45
    No 1 Moohareeba ( handicap debut πŸ˜‰)
    30 points win 11-10 standout WH will go off odds on

Lingfield 13.50
    No 4 Sir Edward Elgar ( up in trip, to a mile πŸ˜‰)
    10 points win 6-4 Skybet

Then, with Skybet, advise this
    Three 7 point Win Doubles One 4 point Win Treble prices at time of posting, 2-1 6-4 1-1

All Gosdens
    Kempton 16.45 9 Under Wraps 9-4 (2-1) FANCIED still 'green' last time, better today
    Kempton 17.45 1 Moohareeba 11-10 (1-1) handicap debut, maiden form franked FANCIED
    Lingfield 13.50 4 Sir Edward Elgar 6-4
  • Options
    if Big Mac were still with us, you don't need much of an imagination to think what he would have to say.
    Obviously, no on course market, the so called sp system, (starting prices) is being played like a fiddlers elbow, with the former greatest, and real bookmaker, the William Hill must be turning in his grave,I should know, worked for the firm for 2 years, Sears bought Billy Hills 1971,pj did 2 years for them, early 80s,on course was alive as the firm that bares his name, were 'returning their own prices' the other day, with 8 out of 9 races, returning the front two in the betting, a full point, and a half a point, shorter, than last show.

I backed the 3 John Gosden runners today, forget the results for a moment, the two Gosden horses, at Kempton, both huge drifters, in the last few minutes pre off, one won, one was third, the latter, 5-2 into 9-4,clear fav, then all rates out to 4-1, and the unplaced 85-40 returned starting price favorite, punted 11-4 > 85-40
    an hour later, Gosdens winner, Moohareeba tradiing Evens and bits of odds on all day, opens ev, drifts like the Kon Tiki, returns 13-8

a funny old day, but definatly unearthed a pot of gold, to share, on this occasion, which I will demonstrate in a moment.

Genuinely thought, Mooareeba would be 2s on, results on the day having laid out a total 85 betting points.
    Sir Edward Elgar 10 points win 6-4 won sp 5-4
    Mooareeba 30 points win 11-10 won sp 13-8
    Under Wraps 20 points win 9-4 3rd sp 4-1
    win double won 6-4 won 11-10
    staked 85, returned 124.75, points profit 39.75 settled as no B. O. G nominated.

Running all bets settled minus - 45.05 (painfully included in that, is a 40 point loss, (20 ew) advised at 10s, Royale Pagaille for this Sat's Skybet ( non runner) how far would it have! but, on Royale Pagelle 50s ew Gold Cup & Minella Indo, would not change either, for anything.

If you consumed, all that, you deserve a Medal.
    Here it is, will make the exception, this time, to try to 'show you'

only works, if you watch racing every day, some can, some cant, however, anyone, everyone without any huge costs, what so ever, can watch the race replays, each evening.

So, I defy, any racing fan, friend or foe, trust pj for ten minutes, maybe even less than ten minutes, and I am going to hold your hand, and teach you, free genuine race reading, that will take your punting, to an entire nuther level, on your own, if you want it bad enough.
    To, make the point, I implore you, to watch, just one race today, ` with pj ' in a moment.

What I want you to do, is this.
    Watch this race, exactly as I tell you.
    it's the Lingfield 16.05 from this afternoon, a Class 5 3yo maiden (Gpc) if you look in, notebook ready, lick ya lips πŸ˜‰

Now then, I am going to give this, a one time big build up, here, gift wrapped, is a horse, that will land a MONSTER GAMBLE, and it will not hurt connections, as the owner is a multi multi millionaire, the owner, was once a stable lad, this fella

Now, pay very close attention

What we have here, is this..
    A maiden 3yo, had 3 runs now, it gets a handicap mark!
    those 3 runs
    LAST of 4
    LAST of 6
    & today, 7th of 10
    And, as sure as eggs are eggs, just a question of WHEN the handbrake is OFF
    Go to the race, fix your gaze, on the horse, in stall 1
    That's stall 1, and racecloth number 1, white cap, last away, and do not take your gaze, of this horse, start to finish.
    When you have done that, do come back, and wink at pj, handbrake on job.
    Never put in the race
    Not wanted or asked
    Watch real close, the bend, into the straight, not the start, of the sweeping bend in at Lingers, watch real real close, the last 20 yards of the bend, and entering the home straight, left hand left rein, that's dabbing the brake pedal while the right hand right rein is flappin in the wind for show.
    A ton, in the tank, going past the line, only beaten 2l, nearest finish. Non Jigger!

Note the Owner πŸ˜‰

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    All very interesting @misterpj ;)

.... as Terry @vaigret said, this thread is a great addition to the Forum, certainly for the Racing fans.

I knew we'd have a lot in common re:- Love of Poker (you do need to post Hand Histories properly though, instead of multiple screenshots :#:s ) and Horse Racing.

I don't follow the Sand-Stuff much, but I do like watching the Top Trainers horses @ Kempton and Newcastle ...... and Gary Moore at your local track, he very nearly pulled off a 6-timer last week in the 'Jumper's Bumpers' ....three winners and three 2nds (two of the 2nds by head, and neck)

My opinion on the 16.45pm Kempton Race that your selection Johnny G's UNDER WRAPS finished 3rd in. I think it will work out to be a very good Race.

The Winner, INVINCIBLE SWAGGER (Trained by Master Trainer R.Varian for a NEW Arab Owner, and looked a $Million with a real shine to his coat), opened quite short on his first ever run (always a sign he has a lot of ability) but drifted in betting. Looked pretty clueless in race, but showed a really good turn of foot to easily collar leader (who was just one-paced in the last 100yards), and Won going away.

But the 2nd, JOIN FORCES had reared leaving the stalls, but was very keen and led after a furlong, still racing a bit too keenly. Understandable she had no answer to the finishing kick of INVINCIBLE SWAGGER, but kept on for a good 2nd. She's a Big Filly, so there should be plenty of improvement, especially when she learns to settle...... and is trained by the very shrewd James Tate, imo one of the best and most under-rated Flat Trainers around.

Definitely no disgrace UNDER WRAPS finishing 3rd to these two horses :)

GOOD LUCK :)

• Options
    thanks Misty

I thourally enjoyed the jumpers bumper card at Lingers
    If you mean the Jan 8th meeting at Lingfield? that was the cancelled jumps meeting, that was replaced with the jumpers bumpers card.
    backed one of Moores, that day, ridden by Jamie, Moores Jumping Cats, got up on the line, won 7-2
    that reminds me, some jockeys, simply go under the radar
    here is one, that I have been a fan of, for years.
    At a couple of Southern 'gaff' tracks, this fella has ridden the others, to sleep countless times.
    Every racing fan, on this forum, should be following this jockey.

Hope this makes you smile Misty?
    If, you hadn't mentioned the jumpers bumpers, these paragraphs wouldn't have been written

Can you guess? which jumps jockey I am going to name?
    1. ask anyone in jump racing, who they want, Southern tracks, to ride a fancied dark one.
    2. ask anyone in racing who is one of the strongest, fittest, straightest.
    3. on the bible, this is Verbatim, he got an outside ride, ages ago, for a punting owner, horse in question, was, supposed to be having, a run round, an easy finish mid div type of ride. No one told the jockey! true, who gave it his usual inspired ride, a McCoy esq type ride, threw the kitchen sink at it. In public,at the track, the owner has steam coming out his nostrils, starts having a pop, at the jockey, who proceeded, to dismount, get said owner by the scruff of the neck, and hiss into the owners face, I will never ride for you again. Owner wanted one stopped, jockey would have non of it.
    4. was number two, behind Hutchinson for A King for years, (aside, on follow list, is A Kings Tronado) will land another touch, pref with this fella riding!
    5. only a few weeks ago, this jockey, got his first ever ride, for Nicky Henderson, on one that had been off the track, for a year! Won, going away, pulling a cart, at 14s!
    6. Ask the jumps boys, which jockey, they don't want to go into the gym with, and have a sporting bet, on the rowing machine, or, put the gloves on, and have a spar in the ring!
    He, is a strong as an Ox, McCoy told me, this to my face, ages (years ago) the jumps jockey who makes the least mistakes, and is an inspired rider, is...?
    7.he had two rides on the jumpers bumper card.... 40-1 WINNER, 80-1 SECOND
    8.over the last two weeks, this jockey, has had only 12 rides.
    Won 14-1 Won 7-2 Won 1-6 2nd 11-2 2nd 3-1 from just 12 rides. The 40-1 winner, and 80-1 second not included, as they were Jan 8th.
    9.if I wanted a jockey, to ride a jumper for me, it would be Brian Hughes, or
    10.And, his name is..........TOM CANNON

Yesterday's racing, Misty your post, put a smile on my face, the two races, from yesterday, I sat and rewatched, and rewatched, obviously Propagation, and the Under Wraps race.

All three, of Invincible Swagger, Join Forces Under Wraps, are firmly in my horses to follow, with the winner, in the could be special category

back to Propagation
    as I am sure, most are aware of, the markets, right now, are volatile, and easily manipulated by those that wish to, there was bits and bobs, for that horse, yesterday, 'on course' which doesn't exist at the moment, but Industry opening show, was 12s,returned sp 7-2.
    No way, stable, connections money, a few shrewd punters, worked out, its much better, than it has shown, thus far. Propagation first run, beat 19 lengths by a 95 rated animal, could have finished much closed. Propagation second run, ran like a pig, only beat 6 lengths, by a 76 rated horse, yesterday, well I have said my bit.
    the now retired, warned off, Paul Doe used to ride, for my tight knit little circle of racing buddies, so I am well tuned, to spotting a Non Jigger!
    This, will be the clue, in my opinion, with Propagation, if? they run that, on a straight line track, ideal would be Newcastle All Weather, 5f 6f 7f run in a straight line, 5 or 6 f ideal, especially if pace in the race, winner, waiting to happen! I bet a certain tipping line!!! Will advise this.

If, there are not, some very decent winners, lurking in my advised, but yet to run bets, will eat my Hat!
    Sat Millionaire Trophy
    Kauto Rico 10 ew 14-1
    Sat Cotswold Chase
    Saint Calvados 15 ew 6-1

Leopardstown Feb 6th
    Arkle Novice Chase
    Captain Guinness 10 ew 10-1
    Leopardstown Feb 6th
    Irish Champion Hurdle
    Saint Roi 10 ew 6-1
    Leopardstown Feb 7th
    Irish Gold Cup
    Minella Indo 20 win 5-2

Cheltenham antes Post bets advised
    Gold Cup
    Minella Indo 10 ew 8-1 nrnb
    Royale Pagaille 1 ew 50-1
    Champion Hurdle
    Saint Roi 10 ew 10-1 nrnb
    Goshen 3 ew 16-1 nrnb
    Supreme Novices
    Third Time Lucki 15 ew 16-1 nrnb
    (especially excited, about this one) don't tell anyone! has one run, in the Betfair Hurdle, Feb 13th, being tuned to the minute, you can take that as absolute FACT, no ante post market for that yet, watching like a hawk (8s on the machine) hoping? when they price up, its 10s + and will back it quicker than you can say Jimminy Cricket!
    Ryanair Chase
    Mastertommytucker 2.50 ew 20-1 nrnb
    Queen Mother Champion Chase
    Poliologue 10 ew 5-1 nrnb

Long range, Ante Post Flat 2021

One flat jockey, my Tom Cannon equivalent, class pilot, never gets it wrong, when the money is down, Callum Sheppard.

One bet today
    Newcastle 19.00
    No 2 WILD PROMISE
    10 points win, price correct, at 10.00 am,
    standout, win only market, with TOTE
    10 win 4-1
    Callum Sheppard rides πŸ˜‰
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    Paul great stuff but how you can put the worst champion jockey in the last 40 years Hughes and mention him in the same breath as the topcat is beyond me,for what it's worth i think Gosden will struggle to win with under wraps totally dwarfed by the two that beat it,i no size is not everything but this one not trained on i would be laying it all day in maidens suppose it could win a micky mouse handicap rated no higher than 65.
    As for the Lingfield maiden 100% agree just got to work out the day they want it.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    I've been following TOM CANNON for quite some time too, especially now he's first jockey to Alan King, who definitely 'Knows the Time of Day', and would only ever employ a really good jockey. But he first came to my notice riding for Trainer Chris Gordon, who's a 'Proper Character', but very shrewd, and has landed many a gamble at Plumpton and the likes with TOM CANNON riding :)
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    As i said to Paul on one of his other thread's watch Cannon on Inthejungle think he was still claiming at the time 2012ish.