You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

hope this horses to follow list, might help a few of the punters

Comments

• Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Not advising it as a bet, but the Sophie Leech horse, worth a look, at Pau, for hardcore racing enthusiasts..!

• Options
    Puzzled!

been looking at this, for an hour this morning, with test match cricket on the small screen, and horizontal snow (not settling) for as far as the eye can see.( what a fantastic full day's cricket, to gladden the mood? '

Which would make, all things being equal, it a very strange day, for two horses from seperate yards to be subject to, huge, HUGE I say, market moves.
    Especially considering, the target meeting Musselburgh, was a big doubt (on at the moment) more pertinently, safe transit for all, to and from said meeting with the weather conditions would be another consideration. 9 non runners at the moment on the Musselburgh card, would expect that number to increase.

Now ladies, and gents, I am well versed, in planned 'spoof' gambles, the industry knows, usually what is going on, but the likes of huge Barney Curley esq, military precision type gambles, multiple horses, are very very few and far between.

Now, the little known yard, of D Steele is just down the road from me, in Henfield, more than once, in the last few years, a certain move was 'played' run 3 or 4 rags, on the same day, Lingfield Plumpton Fontwell, complete rags, 50s 33s complete no hopers, that were deliberately backed with the big bookmakers, overnight, only to small amounts, but in doubles trebles accas across the industry, resulting in, a huge spoof gamble. This is fact, not hearsay, resulting in your tissue price 50s,33s and 25s chances, being slashed into, 5-2 15-8 6-4, those sort of prices at 10.00 am with the betting shops, which then proceed, to drift like the Kontiki all day, while a few eager beavers fervently laying away like demons on the exchange, knowing there never was any real gamble in the first place, as the no hopers, in plain site, were exactly that.
    By the time first course show comes, all drifted back out to tissue prices of 50s 33s,in fact two of them, went off something like 66s and 100s,and duly ran exactly as expected, pulled up and tailed off.

Now, this is not going all **** Francis, but seriously, is this a big market spoof today? the real thing, or a pure unconnected coincidence?

Ten minutes of being a racing detective, has revealed a possible explanation, for one of these gambles. Look at the owner change, Feb 1st, interesting former owner name eh TK! is that one and the same? Mr Luke FULL_FLUSH1 Schwartz, who 'got rid of Gallahers Cross' a week ago!

Here is GALLAHERS CROSS, last run, been off a, year, only run 6 times
    Tailed off, beaten distances every run, yet, just 3 years ago, a headline £250,000 purchase sent to N Henderson, tk, give Luke a, quick ring, and find out if he have had chunks on this thing, or, is a bit of a D Steele situation

I like the racing 'forum' ladies and gents, feel welcome and at home, and unlike in the poker forum, easy to prove my racing betting CV (not reflected glory!) but a, 40 year plus, love affair for ever, with racing, punting, stuff like this, spices it up.

As for one of my own recommend bets, on the Laura Morgan horse, worked that out, all on my own, in real time last night, follow the yard, 11s into Evens is tasty, still gotta win.

Right now, at 11.00 am Fire Away as short as 5-4 Gallahers Cross as short as 11-8 interesting!
    ps, said it once before, better than Veitch! in my pomp!! don't need a £250,000 sweetener!
    The Industry needs, a brand new, real deal, Dreal Deal! 2020 isiris-winningline set up. Pj available, to give you gift wrapped, the most important element of that potential caviar sandwich!

Will concede, one thing to Veitch.. enemy number? 1,...or 101!

in the 90s,this was the genuine cute move, a back end small field 2yo maiden, like 6 runners, with one real tuned up buzzer full jigger 2yo, and one 2yo,pref debut, just out to stretch legs, morning of race, get on the fone, to the then, big 4,this is way pre exchanges, ask for 2000 Guineas and Derby prices, the non jigger debut 2yo, usually resulted in a price collapse, the non jigger, and a much much bigger price, the real buzzer_jigger, worked very well, for a good few touches!
  • Options
    just for clarity
    Like to keep the accounts, Crystal clear, like an Actuary, always best that way, when putting 'ones' punting, fully public.
    Every bet advised (and we had some right 'run bad') since I started this, current balance sheet is - 61.05 betting points.
    Today's bets, assuming all run, (already advised prior) are..

Leopardstown 14.10
    IRASCIBLE 7 points each way 1 2 3 at 8-1 and 3 points each way 1 2 3 at 12-1 add a two point reverse forecast IRASCIBLE & APPRECIATE IT and add a 5 point distence win bet APPRECIATE IT 5 points win at 2-1 to win by 6 lengths or more. Total betting points on this race is 29

Leopardstown 15.40 Irish Gold Cup
    Ante Post MINELLA INDO 20 points win 5-2

Musselburgh 15.25 Scottish Supreme Novices
    THIRD TIME LUCKI had 50 points win at evens

Musselburgh 13.25
    got huge value, will we be able to eat it?
    FIRE AWAY got 6 points each way a fifth 1 2 3 4 at 10-1. I'm honest, missed the 11s by a nano second, then watched the price collapse. When you get these situations, Shrewdies try to bet smart. 10s about a 7-4 shot, leaves room for manouvere, and I make 'smart betting' is doing this, when the chance is available.
    Right now, 11.55, there are 9 runners, Skybet paying a, fifth 1 2 3 4
    so do this...
    No 4 ON A PROMISE 10 points each way a fifth odds 1 2 3 4 @ 7-2

big total outlay of 131 betting points, may the racing punting Gods, be with us today.

• Options
    WOW.. WOW.. wins, head in chest, hack canter....
    11-1 > Even money... 2 stone in hand...................

misterpj wrote on Saturday Evening...................

• Options
    FIRE AWAY
    BLOWING DIXIE
    GALLAHERS CROSS

proper proper old fashioned plot gamble
    BLOWING DIXIE current 4-6
    GALLAHERS CROSS current 8-13
    FIRE AWAY already won by half the track, apparently some 25s got very early last night

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,670
  • Options

"Apparently linked to daragh bourke, trains the last one, trained the first winner before he sent it to mongan and trains next door to jardine"
  • Options
    fascinating stuff, watching it unfold LIVE..

BLOWING DIXIE bolts up.........................
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    oi oi
  • Options
    Tony
    remember the very last one, Barney Curly pulled off...
    Because, (ask Mr Bloom) some of the off course business went via Gibraltar,.. NOT VC, but from memory, the other firm on Gib at the time, never paid £600,000...
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    is that your bet?
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,308
    misterpj said:

Sunday Musselburgh
    13.25 No 11
    FIRE AWAY
    ex Irish joined and first run for Laura Mongon, been off for 5 months
    Has got, winning Irish form, in a bumper at 2m 4f in a bog (at this distence, on heavy ground)
    Goes off 10-4 bottom end of a class 4 handicap chase
    'something here' perking my interest, take the standout 10-1 each way a fifth odds 1 2 3 4 and have 6 points each way

brilliant spot pj
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

is that your bet?

@gpc70

Ha, no.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,308
    Brilliant winner with Garo De Jullley 25-1
  • Options
    Don't you just Adore, the punting, racing gambling life...

It's a special kind of buzz....

Saturday evening, pouring over future entries...
    Then, sussing a headline punt, and, more importantly enjoying, genuine...
    rather than arguing about Poker
    Really enjoying a racing, betting chat,... with Misty4me..

misterpj wrote.... Re Sophie Leech been cleaning up in France, last 12 months, different class prize monies...

The One Horse, I advised for hardcore racing enthusiasts, only goes and buzzes in... 25-1!

• Options
    A new week, need to cross a couple of T's and dot an I or two.
    Don't know about you? but the entire weekend reiterated to myself (on a human level)
    Just how blessed, the likes of 'us lot' really are.
    Meaning, on a personal basis, level, in my small but blessed social circle (yes! I do have one!) Inc, young, old, couples mums dads and children, both, Uni College and school, this past week, noticed, a lot, that a, lot of people, are really feeling the current situation, a year down the line.

Not the younger ones,to my knowledge, but Inc, both working professionals with children, and to my surprise, same age mates, whom to my surprise, I thought were granite tough, and unphased by all this,have,up to and including this weekend, 'reached out, and needed a pep talk, from yours truly.
    A long winded way of say this
    Do, check and reaaure, all friends, family loved ones, because a few, unbeknown to you, might? be suddenly feeling a lot of stress and pressure, down to the accumalitive effect of 'the situation' we are all having to live with, and through.
    No, definately pj not, most not The Oracle, but got a collasal kind caring human nature (believe it or not!)

Why are we blessed? Us lot, 95% of my friends, zero interest in Sport, Punting, Poker, myself, without which, life would be one **** of a lot 'darker'

In these times, the weekend just gone, and current (test match cricket, on now) 'we' have had, have, captivating, Cricket, Super Bowl, 6 Nations, Football, Golf, in Australia coming up, Aussie Open Tennis, which, having been their, the Nation loves its Tennis, the Horse Racing to absorb us, we, us lot are extra blessed.

Speech over!

Betting, a weekend started brimful of optimistic confidence, that a few touches would be landed, not knowing an attempted very rare proper planned old school coup, would be attempted.

Sunday started superbly, very very rarely, you will back one, and after just two fences, tell yourself, this is a gamble thats off for its life, big difference,between blatent cheating, and very cute race choice-placement, FIRE AWAY hacking up landing a monumental plunge
    IRASCIBLE unplaced, got it wrong, APPRECIATE IT won, but not by 6 lengths.
    Minella Indo Third Time Lucki
    No way, giving up on either, ground, going, ground, going, who knows, what ground going we will get at Cheltenham, that course, even with its micro climate, now has drainage issues, would love to think, in just a months time!!! we will all be basking in balmy Spring Weather, something tells me we won't, if I knew, right now, Cheltenham would be heavy, would smash into Native River and Royale Pigaille! actually considering that as I write
    Minella Indo a better horse on better ground
    THIRD TIME LUCKI for two thirds of that race, was as confident as anything, convinced Lucki was tanking (was) and would win easily Unextended.
    Ground going **** ground, the mistake didn't help, but, it's a very decent horse.
    Just, to Irk me severely, in 'chatting bantering with MISTY4ME' I wrote, screenshot, posted, keep an eye on the Sophie Leech horse, at Pau, duly whizzes in, at twenty five to **** one.
    Ages and ages ago, like a year, I wrote if I was going to send a horse to land a touch, to anyone, it would be Sophie Leech (and her fella Kristian) Razor sharp little outfit, Sophie was taught by Barney Curley, and that's a fact.
    A very cold Monday morning, Newcastle on Wednesday, Huntingdon(if racing) on Thursday, or friday evening at Chelmsford, may feel an eternity away, but there is one horse, entered up, jocked up, its as live as live can be, comes down to a question of what price? and it ought to be a price, don't think misterpjs punting prowess! in this little bit of the Forum is having market influence! [yet!]
    hope this proves? again, not sticking a pin in!
    no secrets with Goshen if it gets a run at Huntingdon, just want to see it actually get a run, in a hurdles race. Gpc70 will grin, Mr Gosdens UNDER WRAPS! gets its handicap debut 😏🤔 Chelmsford, Friday night, but, this one, double entered, jocked up in both Wed and Fri, is the one that's getting my very close attention

Started yesterday minus 61.05
    Punted yesterday 131
    Returns yesterday 84 thanks to Fire Away
    Lost yesterday (gutted 47)
    Running - 108.05
  • Options
    Can't claim this one, as exclusively mine, got it off a punting mate, who is a proper value shrewdie
    I am pretty sure, Tony K said it is acceptable? to post odds comparison with out the need, to blank out bookmaker names

WOLVERHAMPTON 17.00 in the seller
    10 points each way a quarter 1 2 at 12-1 with BOG
    No 2 GYPSY BOY
    heres why

• Options
    ... and exclusively pj's!

Wolverhampton 16.30
    No 7 MOSTALLIM
    stand out 9-2 exclusively with SKYBET paying 1 2 3 4 with BOG cracking bet 20 points each way

Sober thoughts, on yesterday's coup.
    The so called industry starting prices

• Options
    went into the weekend convinced, my bets on top class horses over the weekend, would bare fruit. Thourally enjoyed the entire weekend, of sport and racing, save for the frustrations of losing bets and losing monies!

But, always always retain faith and confidence in yourself. One thing I learned a long long time ago, tuck the lows, enjoy the highs

You can never tell exactly when, a very good day is coming, MOSTALLIM advised this morning just WON, advised at 9-2 as a cracking bet, and the 20 points each way, will ensure this for myself, bottle of very nice Sauvignon Blanc, then Leeds v Palace, power nap, and up for an intriguing final day's play England India.

As I wrote these words, simultaneously playing a Poker tourney.
    In respect, genuine respect to TK, whom has had the parltience of a Saint, with me, this hand played, in real time... told myself, don't limp, get it all in! Won the hand 👍

• Options
    started the day all bets
    Minus 108.05 betting points
    a score each way at 9-2 a fifth, returns exactly, 108 profit,
    GYPSY BOY in the seller, in a minute.